• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Basra effects at home

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
I was in work when hooter went off this morning. When I was checking the floor for ants one of the Navy techie types said he wasn't too concerned unless the the big rotary guns engage. Next thing you know, big guns engage. :pDT_Xtremez_17:

Hmmm nice post Rack Bin. I was in my pit space when the second batch came in. Thought it was New Years Eve apart from the fact the concrete was shaking. Rotary fires. Second later "Big Bang" as 20mm does its job. JAM were fcuking anti social today.

S2, I had a lot of rockets in my time at BAS.. Today.:S

Last edited:

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I was in work when hooter went off this morning. When I was checking the floor for ants one of the Navy techie types said he wasn't too concerned unless the the big rotary guns engage. Next thing you know, big guns engage. :pDT_Xtremez_17:

He obviously has no idea of what a C-RAM system will/won't/can/can't do. Horn goes, get your arse under cover or on the dirt.

Shanester

LAC
Had my first one in the shower last night just as I was getting in, lovely dirty shower block floor, could have been worse I suppose:pDT_Xtremez_42:

sausage2

Decorated war hero
Administrator
1000+ Posts
Hmmm nice post Rack Bin. I was in my pit space when the second batch came in. Thought it was New Years Eve apart from the fact the concrete was shaking. Rotary fires. Second later "Big Bang" as 20mm does its job. JAM were fcuking anti social today.

S2, I had a lot of rockets in my time at BAS.. Today.:S

You should have thought of that.

I have had no rocket attacks today in Kandaha, cos the Taliban are rubbish terrorists, and it's too cold for them. Patheic. What the fcuk happened to proper baddies who'd throw stuff at you in all sorts of conditions.

Grand Prix fanatic..
Whoo handbags out!

Oh Sorry, I made a statement of fact. I bow to S2 superior time in sandy sh*te holes. I've had the luxury of the FJ (no.. can't go there, too dangerous unless its the heaps) world up to now (apart from Oman and Jordan post GW1.)

Most scary thing today was laying next to 50 tons of unloaded DG that if it had been hit would have not left a lot to put in a box..

Grand Prix fanatic..
Yes S2, we all know you are at Kandybar.. Not many places have a town of such a name.

Some interesting other info.

BFBS report saids how many rockets fell (Nice).

And having the glee to say to two C17 pilots , " why have you got into that vehicle when I am your taxi driver and I'm walking to the van we got out of 5 minutes earlier??":pDT_Xtremez_31:

sausage2

Decorated war hero
Administrator
1000+ Posts
and you are a real d1ck for coming out with a coment like that, get back in your pram u tw*t!!:pDT_Xtremez_25:
Ohh, Cos you know i'm right. Just take it like a man and stop bleating you big girl. WTF is there to worry about?? If the fcuker hits you you aren't going to know too much about it are you.

Fcuking pathetic. Ohh look at me I want attention cos I'm cowering under the fish counter in Tesco's cos come popcorn went pop. Are you gay???

Grand Prix fanatic..
Maliki went down to Basrah and found out exactly what the Basra effects were.

He couldn't wait to get home!

However he brought some peace for us!!:pDT_Xtremez_28:

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
What a lot of cocknoshing old bollox. If yu've been to Basrah, Bahgdad, Kandahar, Camp Bastion and other areas of conflict you've been under INDIRECT FIRE. The majority of us have done numerous "Sqn Dets" and didn't/haven't had any gatling gone to shoot the feckers down. Yes ILLKC, we pulled out in Sept 2006 but we had been there since 2003 and our lads did on average of a year each over that time. We got mortared on a nightly basis just like all the other people over the last 5 years so stop your fecking "BIG I AM". I can understand that it's got worse out there but don't go be-littling the hassle everyone out there went through just because you went later, apparently.

People eh!

Last edited:
D

Douglas Bader's Right Leg

Agreed Wobbly, there's a time and place for p1ssing contests and I'm not sure that "I've been shot at more times than you" is really the way forward. As for the after effects of IDF, it affects different people in different ways - if you grew up in Birkenhead then a few 120mm rockets probably won't bother you. What is important is that we are able to talk about it and realise that it's OK to suffer after affects from Ops and it doesn't make you some sort of damp-eyed nancy boy if you jump when someone slams a car door shut.

To quote a Canadian soldier and D-Day veteran:

I was scared when I left Canada in 1940 and I didn't stop being scared until I returned home in 1945.

From a man who went through far more than we can imagine. If you've never been scared you're not human.

sausage2

Decorated war hero
Administrator
1000+ Posts
Exacty what i was trying to say wobbly. These lot go out there for a 4 months DWR, give it the big 'ohh look at me, I'm scared cos my pop bottle went off'. They're just showing off. We all know that you're in Basra, we all think you're very brave, now Shut the fcuk up about it .

Grand Prix fanatic..
I really do not know why a jest reply about the Iraqi PM has stirred up so much bile. As for look how big I am, the avatar was for my kids and "the died rubbish" was directed back at a comment of a certain welshman, and if read correctly was directed jokingly. It is a comment said well over two months ago and before the events of the 29th of Feburary.

The only thing I really care about out here, is when my lads get caught outside when working (same as all of you).

Last edited: