• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
It will turn AVI to GIF, simple as that and vice-versa. If you want to be artistic with it then you need to use photoshop/imageready to get the effects and work with the individual frames of the animation.

For example my avatar is 16 frames, if I wanted to write SSH on his forehead I would need to add the SSH to each frame but it has to be done outside of the AVI-GIF software

You really p1ssed on my fire :pDT_Xtremez_08:

I wanted a Dragon, red of course, burping flame onto a sheep then covering it's mouth with one (or both) hands and across the bottom.....
Frying tonight, isn't it !

So I have to find Ivor now :pDT_Xtremez_14:

SirSaltyHelmet

Thoroughly Nice Chap
Really hard to do... Find a Sheep and a dragon pic, get them in proportion so they are easily scalable and when you find them I will get you my email addy..

The covering of the mouth is possible providing that the dragon you find has arms in the picture

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
Really hard to do... Find a Sheep and a dragon pic, get them in proportion so they are easily scalable and when you find them I will get you my email addy..

The covering of the mouth is possible providing that the dragon you find has arms in the picture

Dude, you should be knighted :pDT_Xtremez_14:

SirSaltyHelmet

Thoroughly Nice Chap
Bigger the file the better..... It will be better as a siggie as opposed to an avatar. The sizes of avatar would really limit what you want to achieve.

It can be done in a few stages on avatar; dragon first,then sheep, dragon with flame, big flame, dragon with hands, burnt sheep. It would flicker a lot though

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
Not really. What you have to remember is that a fair majority of us surf e-goat from work. What happens when we all have animated this and that is that you end us with this...........

10 posts on the first page of a thread. everyone has an animated avatar and an animated sig. The sig and avater weigh in at 200kb. Times this by ten and just to load the images your looking at downloading 2MB, plus the actualy webpage grahics adds about another 150kb and the database queries means that anyone on a slow connection like IGS has to wair forever to just get to view the page.

Just please have some consideration to loading times when you make your sigs etc as this will heavily drag the site down if it gets to stupid. even on a 512MB BB connection a 2 meg page will take over 12 seconds to access. On IGS this could take forever!!

M

monobrow

Wobbly me ol' china.

I think what SSH was getting at, is that bigger files are easier to edit / chop / animate, then lower size / resolution / amount of frames to an acceptable size for web use.

L

League Any Time

Not really. What you have to remember is that a fair majority of us surf e-goat from work. What happens when we all have animated this and that is that you end us with this...........

10 posts on the first page of a thread. everyone has an animated avatar and an animated sig. The sig and avater weigh in at 200kb. Times this by ten and just to load the images your looking at downloading 2MB, plus the actualy webpage grahics adds about another 150kb and the database queries means that anyone on a slow connection like IGS has to wair forever to just get to view the page.

Just please have some consideration to loading times when you make your sigs etc as this will heavily drag the site down if it gets to stupid. even on a 512MB BB connection a 2 meg page will take over 12 seconds to access. On IGS this could take forever!!

And if that happens the fun police will block ******