• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
I have been trawling through the server logs tonight and noticed someone had uploaded an avart with a space in its name. Please understand the difference between a windows server and a unix/linux server. Spaces in filenames WILL NOT WORK.

So, the person that uploaded batman20 avater.gif generated some hefty errors over the last few days in the logs.

I have now renamed this to batman20avatar.gif and you should now see it working and can select it in the list.

Cheers...........

B

Bored@work

I have been trawling through the server logs tonight and noticed someone had uploaded an avart with a space in its name. Please understand the difference between a windows server and a unix/linux server. Spaces in filenames WILL NOT WORK.

So, the person that uploaded batman20 avater.gif generated some hefty errors over the last few days in the logs.

I have now renamed this to batman20avatar.gif and you should now see it working and can select it in the list.

Cheers...........

I wouldn't have known that I had caused a problem even if I had done this. I hope that I haven't caused any issues yet with my lack of computer knowledge, but can't promise not to do so in the future. Is there no way to "luddite proof" things like this? Riggers are people too:pDT_Xtremez_26: .

P

pie sandwich

I would want to change the pompy avatar too,:pDT_Xtremez_31:

M

monobrow

well, I've had to change my avatar from the sacred breakdancing bear as lots of people have started using it!

I doubt anyone would use this one mind!!!

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Can someone enlighten me? Why do all these avatars jiggle and dance about through IGS access but do fcuk all on my personal compie? I know it's not my ISP as a fellow goaters has them dancing. Any geekers out there any ideas?

E

exerk

Can someone enlighten me? Why do all these avatars jiggle and dance about through IGS access but do fcuk all on my personal compie? I know it's not my ISP as a fellow goaters has them dancing. Any geekers out there any ideas?

What firewall software (if any) are you running? If it's Zone Alarm or clone of PM me and I'll sell...I mean give...you the answer.

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
It's ZA Security Suite Ex. But I ain't paying.........well maybe in secrets!! :raf:

E

exerk

It's ZA Security Suite Ex. But I ain't paying.........well maybe in secrets!! :raf:

Open ZA, select 'Privacy', select the 'Main' tab, switch off 'Ad Blocking'. There may be detail differences in where to do this, I run ZA Pro, but if necessary hit 'Help' and search for 'Ad Blocking'.

ZA treats animated gifs as ads.

Hope this helps.

If you want to leave your ad blocking at high, you can click custom (in the ad blocking section of privacy) and deselect the animation check. It'll leave you with your pop-ups/unders and banners protection still intact.

E

exerk

If you want to leave your ad blocking at high, you can click custom (in the ad blocking section of privacy) and deselect the animation check. It'll leave you with your pop-ups/unders and banners protection still intact.

I tried that and it didn't seem consistent, some animated and some didn't, some were slow and others weren't, so I turned off the lot...but then I'm not overly bothered about ads except when the bloody things are in pop-ups/pop-unders so I've got another blocker on them!