• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

armband colours

snowdrop

LAC
my grandson was trying on my uniform, he needs to grow a bit yet although it appears to have shrunk, that's my excuse because it still fits but can't fasten the buttons, he asked me what the black/red/black represented on my RAFP armband and despite 27 years service, I could not tell him, to be honest the thought never occurred to me, can someone enlighten me please so I can look intelligent in front of grandson

ktuludays

LAC
Sorry but if you were an raf policeman you've got no hope of looking intelligent 😀.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
he asked me what the black/red/black represented on my RAFP armband

As an ex techie I have absolutely no idea what they really stand for. But the anecdotal story that they are based on the colour's of a Mars bar wrapper was mentioned many times during my time in a blue suit.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
As an ex techie I have absolutely no idea what they really stand for. But the anecdotal story that they are based on the colour's of a Mars bar wrapper was mentioned many times during my time in a blue suit.

At Honington we called them the 'Kit Kat Kids'.

It was the paw prints left at the scene that gave the game away.

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
At Honington we called them the 'Kit Kat Kids'.

It was the paw prints left at the scene that gave the game away.

I remember it well....”Have a Break-In, have a Kit-Kat” Id just been posted to ASF.

snowdrop

LAC
thanks guys, I know who you are, expect a a call and be fitted up real soon, 252 on the way! :pDT_Xtremez_25:
have a good day and thanks for the laugh
gransdon now asks for his kit kat, so long as he doesn't find my stash of real kit kats, dark chocolate flavour if any of you want to treat me