• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Anyone want a watch

mild mannered janitor

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Not a post id ever thought id write but here goes. moral of the story if you think somethings wrong go see a bloody doctor.

Came back from work in Saudi 9 months ago with a lump in my neck which was diagnosed in the previous six months as a blocked saliva gland.
As it turns out it was throat cancer.

9 months later im now terminal, its not gone and has spread to my lungs despite never smoking in my life.

ive been to hell and back during treatment and would not wish what ive had to endure on my worst enemy.

I will see out the time i have left having as much fun and memories as possible with my mates.

If you are in any doubt go to the F**king doctor.

Hopefully i will see october when the clocks go back, at least that way i will get an extra hour.

Im laughing cause if i dont i will cry.

My nearly 17 years of service were an absolute pleasure, would i change a thing about my life ? absolutly not.

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Oh Crikey MMJ.... That is an awful post to have to write and one to which it is next to impossible to reply. You know we're all on your side in this battle, however you choose to deal with it. Whatever happens, do as you suggest and have as much fun & create as many memories (not just for yourself but your nearest & dearest) as you can.

Stay positive - we are all with you.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
MMJ right now I'm devoid of the right words.
Oh feck is about the best I can manage.

Anyway about the watch.

Last edited:

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
It's never easy to know how to react to news of this sort but out of curiosity, what kind of watch are you putting up for grabs? If it's an Apple watch then I'm sorry but I'll have to decline 🙃

Thank you for having the balls to put this out to everyone online. We're here with you all the way bud!

Dan_Brown

Sergeant
Well that's a post that is a kick in the slats - i am so sorry.

Is there anything you need or we can do for you?! The power of the internet and all that.

I'm after size 11 boots btw.

Late & Tired

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Gut wrenching to read of this, absolute best thoughts go out to you. Huge respect for your openness and thoroughly agree with your priorities, - get out there, create some fantastic memories and enjoy yourself.

Wobbly_Jon

Corporal
What the feck!!!
Sorry to hear your news MMJ.
I hope you can make your remaining time as much fun as possible for yourself and your nearest and dearest.
Don't go down without one hell of a fight

spanners

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
MMJ, never met (that I know of) but that is just awful for you and your family.

I wish I could help.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
That is a fecker to be sure....Sorry to hear your tragic news.

I don't need a watch unless it's a Breitling Avenger 48 in matt chrome?

What are you planning to do fun wise? Would love to hear about it.

MMJ. Awful to deal with. Stay as positive as you can and keep making memories.
Cherish the better times, deal with the less good as best you can.

Family and good friends will understand the darker days, hopefully the better days will outnumber them by far.

Best wishes. M-L

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
Lost for words on this one other than I'm so sorry you and your family are having to go through this.

Simply awful.

Gonterseed

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Like everyone else, I have no words except how do I get an appointment with my doc? Get some good memories in and take as much as you can with you...

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Can I make 1 suggestion...

I lost my father at an early age and have been doing my family tree. There's so much I don't know about my father's life and other family member's lives and it is way too late now to fill in the gaps. Like the rest of us on here, you have lived a life that's had all sorts of events that others will find amusing or interesting - tell them to your family, write them down, share them. Help them let your life live on after you have gone.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
Sorry to read about your predicament mate.

Live every day to its fullest and be selfish, very very selfish.

mild mannered janitor

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Can I make 1 suggestion...

Itell them to your family, write them down, share them. Help them let your life live on after you have gone.

ive got too many to write down and some are not fit for print but i have kept a diary, it will go to my son.

All my freinds in the local are getting my tales of a life well spent, and that way ill never be gone.

The key to immortallity is to live a life worth remembering.

ive got some more tales to come. not done yet.

I obviously don’t know you, mmj but hope you’re doing ok. What the **** is life all about? Why are we here? As the lads have already said, be selfish etc. and take solace in your dearest memories of your life. I personally think the ‘end’ isn’t actually the end so if it turns out it isn’t we’ll meet you up there. Big fucking kudos to you and I’m having a drink to you as I speak.

Hey mmj. Have you got any fave tunes? Post them up if you do, I’ll add them to my playlist. Hope you don’t mind or think I’m being weird. It’d just be good to connect in some way.