• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

And prince william's out

SirSaltyHelmet

Thoroughly Nice Chap
Rescuing one casualty justifies his training does it not?

He made the effort, done 7 1/2 years in the Mil and now will be in public service till he pops it, long time in public service if he lasts as long as his Grandad.

Egoat outrage bus starts its engine, tickets please

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I have no idea......Prob more than he did though.

So you have no clue then. 7 odd years is pretty good I'd say. Some people will find anything to moan about, at least he's done something....

mild mannered janitor

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Rescuing one casualty justifies his training does it not?

well said that man, exactly what is the going rate on a life these days? (figures say 149 rescues in total)

like i said at least he gave it a go, could have just sat in a nice cushy desk job somewhere if he had wanted to.

Last edited:

SORRY CJ

Flight Sergeant
So you have no clue then. 7 odd years is pretty good I'd say. Some people will find anything to moan about, at least he's done something....

What 7 years (Training most of it and fast tracked)....try 27. He was forced into it my Pater and Grandmamma as it was the "right" thing to be "seen" to be done.
Now it's been decided by the "family" to jack it in and get a proper job.....Oh hang on, job did I say job HA HA HA.

Mr SCJ

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
What 7 years (Training most of it and fast tracked)....try 27. He was forced into it my Pater and Grandmamma as it was the "right" thing to be "seen" to be done.
Now it's been decided by the "family" to jack it in and get a proper job.....Oh hang on, job did I say job HA HA HA.

Mr SCJ

The bitterness is strong in you.....

mild mannered janitor

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts

Mr SCJ

some people are never happy, if he hadnt done it and took the throne tommorow you would be saying "how can he be the head of the armed forces he's never even tried it.
he has now done seven but "pah try twenty seven" dammed if he doesnt dammed if he does (and did)

he has had a personal hand in the rescue of 149 people, and while under risk himself (we all know how demanding SAR flying is) give the man a break.

Last edited:

SORRY CJ

Flight Sergeant
some people are never happy, if he hadnt done it and took the throne tommorow you would be saying "how can he be the head of the armed forces he's never even tried it.
he has now done seven but "pah try twnty seven" dammed if he doesnt dammed if he does (and did)

he has had a personal hand in the rescue of 149 people, and while under risk himself (we all know how demanding SAR flying is) give the man a break.

I am very happy now I'm out of the RAF thank you....Like I said, I'm just not a fan of Royalty that’s all.

Mr SCJ

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
He is not Real royalty though.

More Emporio than Georgio.... you know, sort of once removed (at least to those of us brought up on Ma and the four kids).

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
I'm quite surprised that he left before getting his medals - you know...the one's Royals get for Flying in the Air and Riding in a boat on Water, Moving about on Stable Surfaces and the like...

However, he did do a real job for a while and that's a good thing - I hope he feels he's earned his pension.

SORRY CJ

Flight Sergeant
I'm quite surprised that he left before getting his medals - you know...the one's Royals get for Flying in the Air and Riding in a boat on Water, Moving about on Stable Surfaces and the like....

I'm sure Daddy or Granny will dish them out pronto like...I bet he has the Ag and Au Jubilee medals already.

However, he did do a real job for a while and that's a good thing - I hope he feels he's earned his pension.

This is true.....He did do a good thing. However, I believe a bit of sarcasm was there in the bit about the pension though eh Rigga?

Mr SCJ

Attachments

• dastardly2.jpg
    dastardly2.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Prince-Philip-The-Duke-Of-Edinburgh-862625.jpg
    Prince-Philip-The-Duke-Of-Edinburgh-862625.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 0