• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Afghan tragedy 02 Sep 2006

S

SPECCIE t**t

My deepest sympathies to the families, friends and colleagues of those involved.

Hopefully the investigation can discover the course of this awful accident.

Also my respect to all those OOA doing a great job in the hardest of situations.

freudian slip

Corporal
thoughts go out to all involved. Was at Lyneham when we lost a Herc you do get through it, this is when the RAF community shows its face and determination.

Rest in Peace Guys,

B

Bluntend

Here is the latest from the MoD:
It is with very great sadness and regret that the Ministry of Defence has confirmed the names of the fourteen British personnel killed following the crash of a Nimrod MR2 aircraft in Afghanistan on Saturday 2 September 2006.

They are:

Flt Lt Steven Johnson
Flt Lt Leigh Anthony Mitchelmore
Flt Lt Gareth Rodney Nicholas
Flt Lt Allan James Squires
Flt Lt Steven Swarbrick

FS Gary Wayne Andrews
FS Stephen Beattie
FS Gerard Martin Bell
FS Adrian Davis

Sgt Benjamin James Knight
Sgt John Joseph Langton
Sgt Gary Paul Quilliam

L Cpl Oliver Simon Dicketts, Parachute Regiment
Mne Joseph David Windall, Royal Marines

RIP.

A

asgaard

RIP My sincerest condolances to all affected my this most tragic of events

Heather

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Once again, the roll of honour.

Flt Lt Steven Johnson
Flt Lt Leigh Anthony Mitchelmore
Flt Lt Gareth Rodney Nicholas
Flt Lt Allan James Squires
Flt Lt Steven Swarbrick

FS Gary Wayne Andrews
FS Stephen Beattie
FS Gerard Martin Bell
FS Adrian Davis

Sgt Benjamin James Knight
Sgt John Joseph Langton
Sgt Gary Paul Quilliam

L Cpl Oliver Simon Dicketts, Parachute Regiment
Mne Joseph David Windall, Royal Marines

May fallen men grow tall.
May flowers grow thereafter
and forevermore.

TW

Wobbly,

Please can we have a sticky with the names of our recent fallen on our site.

O

Offeh Kitt

RIP Brave Crew

RIP Brave Crew

My heart felt condolences to all family and friends of the CXX crew that so tragically lost thier lives yesterday doing what they do...... We at Kinloss are proud of our aircrew day in, day out for the sacrifices they make to try and make the world a safer place for all, and I only hope that their ultimate sacrifice will not be in vain. And a word for the Guys that are out in theatre now so far away from their loved ones in their time of need.... I hope they can cope in a time that must feel so much closer to the sharp end of this tragedy.

BAWBAG

LAC
Missed

Missed

Sad day for all serving. Knew a few of the crew, good dets over the years. Will be attending the memorial when it happens. Would be good if all those who knew them came to say goodbye. See you there.

P

PHIXER GIRL

My heart goes out to all the poor families and friends left.

Sad times.

PG. XX.

mightyhunter

Sergeant
enginesuck said:
Lets not speculate on types on this open forum - 14 families are about to be shatterd better they hear it from official sources.

cheers guys.
fat lazy techie said:
Rest in piece all onboard.

I just hope the press show the families some respect and leave them alone.
Vim_Fuego said:
I sit at my desk today and find it difficult to express to anyone who may read this how sad I am feeling. The words on this thread will be read by many at Kinloss and will help them in the process of grieving by the reassurance it offers that we are a family and families care.

Kinloss can be an odd place. You can love it and hate all at the same time. Anyone who's ever served there will know how close knit the place is. There will have been tears spilt and beers drank over the past few hours. This morning people will wake up and for the first few seconds between sleep and awake, like me, will wonder if it was all just a bad dream.

With tears forming in my eyes I offer my sincere condolences to the families of those lost. You may be feeling dreadfully alone but you are not...Take strength from that.

Vim CXX, 42 and 201
well said lads. from all ex-Nim lineys, may all the lads rest in peace.
i agree with you Vim. ISK can be an odd place but it has a sense of belonging. i had some great times, along with some utter $hite, in the 6 years i did there. this will have affected everyone hard....

Last edited:

HeWitch

Corporal
Can't really say more than has already been said on the thread by others, far better than I could do myself so I'll just say Rest eternal grant unto them, and let light perpetual shine upon them.

R

Rebel without A Clue

My condolences and prayers go out to the families, friends and colleagues of all who died on Saturday in that dreadful accident. I hope all Goaters have, or will, raise a glass or two in their memory. PER ADUA AD ASTRA.

JAFAD666

Flight Sergeant
Nothing can lessen the shock of an event like this, but I hope the families and friends of the crew can draw a little solace from the fact that they lost their lives doing something they loved, believed in, and was for the good of others.
You all have my deepest, heartfelt sympathy.