• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Afghan tragedy 02 Sep 2006

Tino

LAC
RIP guys, my thoughts and condolences to the familys and freinds of the 14 souls lost this day.

MingMong

Warrant Officer
I find it impossible to put into words how I feel hearing this awful news.

My thoughts go out to the families and friends of all those involved.

KnackeredStacker

LAC
Subscriber
Also a recent Kinloss resident - such tragic news.

Lets hope their friends and especially families get every bit of help and support they could possibly need.

A sad day.....

Hu Jardon

GEM is a cheeky young fek
God bless them all ...................

A tragic loss to their friends and families may they rest in peace

M

Mrs_AndyZ

Such a waste of life, thinking of all the families and friends of those who lost their lives today in such a tragedy and so far from home. God bless...Rest In Peace

E

Ed Basher

A sad, sad day. Condolences to all those affected.

:pDT_Xtremez_38:

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Message of Condolences.

Message of Condolences.

My thoughts are with the families who will have devestated more than anyone because of this tragic news.

My heart goes out those at ISK who will be suffering the loss of fallen comrades.

I don't know what else to say
God speed.

Talk Wrench

Stax

Flight Sergeant
I send my condolences to the families left behind, any loss, accidental or in combat, is a errible thing. My thoughts also go out to the groundcrew left behind, they must be gutted at the loss of friends and comrades, rest assured all of of us are with you at this time, the loss of any comrade is a loss to us all.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I sit at my desk today and find it difficult to express to anyone who may read this how sad I am feeling. The words on this thread will be read by many at Kinloss and will help them in the process of grieving by the reassurance it offers that we are a family and families care.

Kinloss can be an odd place. You can love it and hate all at the same time. Anyone who's ever served there will know how close knit the place is. There will have been tears spilt and beers drank over the past few hours. This morning people will wake up and for the first few seconds between sleep and awake, like me, will wonder if it was all just a bad dream.

With tears forming in my eyes I offer my sincere condolences to the families of those lost. You may be feeling dreadfully alone but you are not...Take strength from that.

Vim CXX, 42 and 201

Last edited:
B

Bluntend

A sad day.

A sad day.

It is hard to think of something to say that hasn't already been posted here. The loss of a single serviceman hits us hard but on this scale it is a real tradegy for all of us irrespective of where we serve or the colour of our uniform. It is heartening to know that the thoughts of our colleagues over on Arrse and Rum Ration are also with the friends and family of those lost.

Having spent some time at ISK, I have every faith that the friends and family of those killed will be well cared for and looked after by their colleagues left behind at RAF Kinloss and throughout the wider Forces community.

God speed guys.

chiprafp

Geek Scuffer
Truly a massive and very difficult loss to the families and friends of our tragic colleagues. The thoughts and prayers of my family and I are with you all.

R.I.P

D

Dark Angel

Its hard to know what to say other than express the regret felt at this tragedy and sending deepest condolences to all involved. Speaking to Stormrider earlier its clear everyone out there is in a deep state of shock and sending their deepest regrets and best wishes home to the families and comrades of those lost.

B

Butcheo

sincere condolences to all involved. A very sad day indeed!

F

Fablon biff chit

How about a condolences portion of the forum like ARRSE? They have a sticky explaining OPSEC rules too.

G

garvey

what I want to say has already been said...

what I want to say has already been said...

...condolences to the friends and families of all concerned

Shinyscot

Corporal
Rip

Rip

May they rest in peace. Condolences to all at ISK and the units the Soldier and Marine were from. My thoughts are with them all