• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

70/100% Targets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys.

I just passed my PJFT, where I had to to 100% of the 20 Press ups and 35 sit ups.

From the RAF Halton site I seem to be able to get that I only need to do 70% of this at PRTC, whereas I have seen somewhere else it is 100% again. I wouldn't imagine it is less than 100% because it isn't really a lot to start with, but I just want to be sure.

I also want to be completely sure on the correct way of doing the sit ups. At my PJFT I did them any old way, but are they strict at Halton with the form, as in elbows to knees?

Cheers,

Ryan

Quick note, I found the part on Halton's page that confused me:

d. Provide potential recruits with the opportunity to undertake the Royal Air Force Fitness Test and achieve the minimum requirement of 100% of the Multi Stage Fitness Test and 70% of press ups and sit ups according to their gender and age group.

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
That page is out of date, you will need to achieve a 100% pass of all 3 elements of the RAFFT at PRTC. Good spot though.

The form for the press ups and sit ups is very strict. For press ups it's hands under shoulders, feet up to shoulder width apart, straight body line. For sit ups, it's a 90 degree bend in your knees, fingers on temples, elbows to knees, shoulder blades to the mat.

henry02

LAC
Keep checking the RAF fitness pages... I have seen descriptions of the forms required changed, as well as the fitness requirements for PJFT change... and you wont get informed by the AFCO...

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
Henry, I appreciate (from reading your previous posts on here) that you haven't had the smoothest of journeys through the recruitment process but please don't assume it's like that for everyone. Things do change, it's a fact of life. However, right here, right now, the advice given to the OP is accurate. In the case of a significant change to, e.g., fitness test routine or pass levels, I know that my office will ensure that every one of our candidates is informed as appropriate. The OP's AFCO is commanded by a very good friend of mine and I have no doubt that they would do the same.

henry02

LAC
No it's not been the best journey in the world... however, the forum is here to share your experiences with others. And if by me saying it's a good idea to keep on checking the fitness pages, just in case things change... surely thats not a bad thing?

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
No it's not been the best journey in the world... however, the forum is here to share your experiences with others. And if by me saying it's a good idea to keep on checking the fitness pages, just in case things change... surely thats not a bad thing?

No its not a bad thing. Don't worry about it, the RAF is full of purile w@nkers on deadend career profiles who will patronise you no end. You get used to it after a while and let it wash over you.

Realist78

Master of my destiny
No its not a bad thing. Don't worry about it, the RAF is full of purile w@nkers on deadend career profiles who will patronise you no end. You get used to it after a while and let it wash over you.

There's a lot of truth in that!

penfold93

Rex Craymer Man of Danger
Staff member
Subscriber

Having been in the RAF for a few years now you approach is a solid one dont always rely on one source of information. Whilst assurances that you will be informed are all well and good and on the whole the AFCO guys do a good job, but things do get missed so it is wise to keep your feelers out.

good luck with your application

henry02

LAC
There have been a good many things that I have learnt on the recruitment process. Surely the point of the forum is to share experiences, so others can learn?

Status
Not open for further replies.