• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1966 Neatishead fire

MAINJAFAD

Warrant Officer
Been to the Museum on many occaisions but have not seen anything related to the fire, I remember seeing some of the telephone equipment at the Fire Section at Boulmer. If you get the chance to visit you will not be disapointed, Dougie Robb has done a fantastic job with the R30 and has also taken on a lot of the Coltishall Museum artifacts as well.

Saw the burnt door (with the scratch marks in it) of the PBX in the fire section at Neatishead back in 1981 during an ATC Camp visit there (and went into the R3 before it was refurbed). I Think the stuff that was in the fire section went to a Fire Service Musuem somewhere.

MAINJAFAD

Warrant Officer
This may help. There are loads of other sites like this.

http://www.subbrit.org.uk/rsg/sites/t/trimingham/index.html

Ping

Wrong type of Bunker, Trimingham's one is a R1, Neatishead's is an R3 (The R stands for Rotor, while the number defines it's role. R1 = Centametric Early Warning (10cm wavelength radar), while R3 = Ground Controlled Intercept). Been in both, and was based at Trimingham when that lot who did that web site turned up one day. Don't like the remark about Neatishead at the end however, Totally wrong. But I had the misfortune of knowing the ex scopie idoit who gave them that info.

Last edited: