• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

12th June - DIN/Criteria?

Dan_Brown

Sergeant
Hey, hey,

Only recently back from a hot and sandy place, however, PODL finishes prior to 12 June. I seem to have missed the previous tranches, but have been told there is another come 12 June.

Is this right? What is the criteria? Is there a DIN i can read?

Sorry for the bone questions, but i am currently on my PODL!!

Soon To Leave

Proud To Serve
I can't believe you haven't been kept informed about Tranche 2 because you could be affected by it. If you are in one of the affected trades, of the required rank and exit date, you could have applied for it in Feb 12 even if you don't have the required seniority.

Tranche 2 differs from Tranche 1 as more emphasis is based on a wide range of criteria than whether you volunteer or not and expectation is for a lot of disappointment from both sides. For TG1, criteria include deployability, aircraft Qs, length of service (over 20 years), level of multi-skilling and some posts are excluded. There is a spreadsheet for each of the trades affected.

You need to get access to the redundancy section of the manning site to read all the DINs but if you want to give your trade and rank we could tell you if and how you might be affected.

Soon To Leave

Proud To Serve
Answered by PM

2012DIN01-022 Redundancy Programme – Royal Air Force Personnel (Tranche 2) is the DIN with details of who's in the field

Dan_Brown

Sergeant
Cheers Chip.

£25k Redundancy payment, £45k lump sum and an IP - would have been nice - but you know me, i'm a lifer!

chiprafp

Geek Scuffer
Indeed you are mate I was dreading tranche 1 as I had not been signed on so was sort of hoping for tranche 2 but glad to still have a job after we lost a lot of good people.