• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your Greatest Album?

L

Little Tronk

Depends on my mood but Magnums 'On a Storytellers Night' is deffo up there.

Kim Wipe

Corporal
Moody Blues, fantastic! Justin Heyward's Forever Autumn slightly eclipses his compatriots efforts, though Knight's in White Satin is an anthem!

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
Any Album by Harry Nilsson - Always loved "The Point" but "Nilsson Schmilsson" always gets played.

Current re-favourite is Razamanaz - Nazareth and I'm thinking of buying a digital "Bridge Over Troubled Water"

I am stunned that "Gracelands" is considered "little known"!

Current fav's - Mumford & Sons and 21 - Adele

Kim Wipe

Corporal
I'm amazed. At the tender age of only 28 (pushing 79) I bring up the topic of music regularly. Yet this album seems to of slipped by recent generations.

(then again these are the same people who, when introduced to 'The Who' decribe it as 'the music from CSI)

Sad days!

welshjpc

Corporal
Have a cycle of these on my MP3 player in my car (plugged into the cassette adapter in the radio - check me out!)

In no particular order:

• Pulp - Different Class
  • Oasis - Definitely Maybe
  • Live - Throwing Copper
  • Pearl Jam - Ten
  • The Prodigy - Experience
  • Stereophonics - Performance & Cocktails
And more. I really need my MP3 player as I'm falling into the bracket whereby I don't like much of the music and some of the presenters on Radio 1 as I feel too old at times but I still don't like much of the music and many of the presenters on Radio 2 as I'm too young. Tricky.

Teh Wal

Flight Sergeant
When I'm really stuck for something to listen to, or can't decide, I usually bung Boston - Boston into the music box. :pDT_Xtremez_19:

However "24 Carat Purple" or "Rainbow Rising" are my ultimate albums.

Kim Wipe said:
For me it is the little known Paul Simon spinoff 'Graceland'
Very good album, I've also got "The Best of Ladysmith Black Mambazo" which is well worth a listen (bought it on the back of Graceland).

Last edited:

stacker1195

Sergeant
Quite a few to choose from but the stand out for me at the moment is Metallica's S&M album. In particular there's something about 'The Thing That Should Not Be' from 'Master of Puppets' with the added strings that makes it even more brilliant.

G

gemarriott

Not to forget the all time classic,

War of the Worlds

Every barrack block in the RAF had thast blaring out for at least 10 years.

Harry B'Stard

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Not to forget the all time classic,

War of the Worlds

Every barrack block in the RAF had thast blaring out for at least 10 years.

My missus got me a version of this a few years ago. I remember listening to this as a youngster (I'm a few years behind you Gem :pDT_Xtremez_30:) and it's awesome.

Are you aware that there is a live version that tours around Europe? I'm planning a visit when they're next in the UK.

Linky

HTB

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
I must admit I do like 'War Of The Worlds' though not heard it for a while. I also regularly listen to Paul Weller, The Who and Metallica, particularly the thrashy track of 'Fuel'.

To be honest I have a huge mix of music on my Ipod so it has been fun keeping the others in the block guessing about my musical tastes when the speakers are on full chat. In one night I'll go from something easy listening to dance and on to something heavy like 'Korn'.

G

gemarriott

My missus got me a version of this a few years ago. I remember listening to this as a youngster (I'm a few years behind you Gem :pDT_Xtremez_30:) and it's awesome.

Are you aware that there is a live version that tours around Europe? I'm planning a visit when they're next in the UK.

Linky

HTB

yes I had it on my old sky+ box before it bust. I'm going to see it when it comes back to the UK.

L

Little Tronk

Quite a few to choose from but the stand out for me at the moment is Metallica's S&M album. In particular there's something about 'The Thing That Should Not Be' from 'Master of Puppets' with the added strings that makes it even more brilliant.

Good choice - metal and a full orchestra, sounds weird but works!

W

wgaf

Better life by 3 Doors Down.
Something Like Human by Fuel.
Badmotorfinger by Soundgarden.
All depends on the mood at the time.

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
Two long term likes:

Talk_Talk_-_History_Revisited_cover.jpg

Wings over America - originally released on a triple album...

images