• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Womens World Cup.

G

Gord

English girls vs French tarts 14 00hrs Eastern Time tomorrow.:biggrin::biggrin:

Rocket_Ronster

You ain`t seen me.
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
From what i`ve seen...

Germany No`s 20
Goessling.jpg

& 22
sp_kemme_potsdam.jpg

French No`s 3
109035_ori_laure_boulleau-4b9641b.jpg

& 7
7d60d.jpg

...no need to wash `em before you send `em over.

Last edited:
Fit but not football

Fit but not football

English girls vs French tarts 14 00hrs Eastern Time tomorrow.:biggrin::biggrin:

I endured the whole 'match'. It was total crap. Some nice looking women - some not so nice. But if thats all you want just turn on MTV, it would be about as skillful.

G

Gord

I endured the whole 'match'. It was total crap. Some nice looking women - some not so nice. But if thats all you want just turn on MTV, it would be about as skillful.

I agree, in fact the English team actually reminded me of their male counterparts. The best game I've seen was the Sweden vs Nigeria one in which the Nigerian girls simply never quit and although the final score was 3-3, had the game lasted another ten minutes the Nigerians would have won as they fought back from 1-0 , 2-1, 3-2 to the final result and by the end of the game they were still ready to keep on playing while the Swede's were totally FUBAR'd.

It is like the men

It is like the men

I agree, in fact the English team actually reminded me of their male counterparts. The best game I've seen was the Sweden vs Nigeria one in which the Nigerian girls simply never quit and although the final score was 3-3, had the game lasted another ten minutes the Nigerians would have won as they fought back from 1-0 , 2-1, 3-2 to the final result and by the end of the game they were still ready to keep on playing while the Swede's were totally FUBAR'd.

If you look at it objectively it is just like the England mens team.

Built up before the tournament by the media as having a really good chance of progressing just to watch the first match and end up with that familiar sinking feeling as you realise this is a tournament that England wouldn't win if they were the only team in it.

G

Gord

If you look at it objectively it is just like the England mens team.

Built up before the tournament by the media as having a really good chance of progressing just to watch the first match and end up with that familiar sinking feeling as you realise this is a tournament that England wouldn't win if they were the only team in it.

Apparently however, they won all ten of their qualifying matches, perhaps they were playing the football equivalent of shadow boxing or maybe the para olympics team though they may have lost against them too.:biggrin:

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber

I got the impression that it was "same old, . . . same old. ."
The English women were beaten by a better-playing side. That said, I had to wonder where the Ref. was looking
when that French Elbow struck and English Face; there are those who'll think it wasn't an accident.

Rocket_Ronster

You ain`t seen me.
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
RR, you're leaving me in suspense------Pics please? ( or is it supposed to be like a Thai takeaway).

Edited the front page for your perusal.
Couldn`t find a good pic of the French No7, but she may be just one of them that doesn`t take as good a piccy as she deserves.

Kryten

Warrant Officer
Anyone watch the semi last night? felt sorry for the girls - what a way to go out of the tournament.....:pDT_Xtremez_42:

Tedlooney

Sergeant
Anyone watch the semi last night? felt sorry for the girls - what a way to go out of the tournament.....:pDT_Xtremez_42:

Yes, I watched it. I really felt sorry for the girls too, i thought they played very well and were the better team overall. It was a sh1t way to go out out. I was just about to go and make an extra time brew and then it was over.

I've been following women's footy for quite a while now. I really enjoy it. I think it's much purer, less of the diving and histrionics that ruins the men's game. No doubt it will become like that when more money becomes involved.

Last edited:

Wobbly_Jon

Corporal
Womens World Cup

Womens World Cup

Just come back from hols in Canada. We arrived in Vancouver on the was day the USA played Nigeria. Schoolys and rug-munchers everywhere. Jus didn't know which way to look. Ended up in a neck brace due to severe C Spine ligament damage and bruised ribs from the Long Haired CO's elbows.

icarus

LAC
Thing is these players came off the pitch in all their games looking like they gave there all, nothing was left on the pitch. You look at some premiership players after their games and you'd think they'd been for an afternoon stroll. for £30,000 or more a week I want my West Ham centre forward coming off at full time looking fooked.

Don't Pander

Don't Pander

They did well. No question.

However..... if that had been the mens team Alan Hansen (insert new equivalent) would be going on about why the defender, Bassett, tried to cut the ball out with her wrong foot. Use her left foot, it's a natural clearance away from danger, even if she doesn't connect perfectly. Stick out your right foot and you risk poking the ball towards goal.

Oh, she did.

Not unlucky as such, very poor defending.

Tedlooney

Sergeant
They did well. No question.

However..... if that had been the mens team Alan Hansen (insert new equivalent) would be going on about why the defender, Bassett, tried to cut the ball out with her wrong foot. Use her left foot, it's a natural clearance away from danger, even if she doesn't connect perfectly. Stick out your right foot and you risk poking the ball towards goal.

Oh, she did.

Not unlucky as such, very poor defending.

Yes, I agree, they did well. But Alan Hanson (and maybe his replacement) is a complete d1ck. At this stage of evolution of women's football you can't expect premier league type performances. At the moment, the women's game reminds me of an under 15s/16s lads game but maybe that will change as more women become involved and standards rise.

As Icarus said, they gave their all which is a lot more than can be said for some of the men. I think they did the country proud. A lot of the players on my team are on 2 to 3 hundred thousand a week and they're still useless cnuts, they might learn something from the attitude and spirit shown by the women.

Last edited:
G

Gord

Yes, I agree, they did well. But Alan Hanson (and maybe his replacement) is a complete d1ck. At this stage of evolution of women's football you can't expect premier league type performances. At the moment, the women's game reminds me of an under 15s/16s lads game but maybe that will change as more women become involved and standards rise.

As Icarus said, they gave their all which is a lot more than can be said for some of the men. I think they did the country proud. A lot of the players on my team are on 2 to 3 hundred thousand a week and they're still useless cnuts, they might learn something from the attitude and spirit shown by the women.

I think they played better football than the men's version of the English team and obviously went further in the event than the men have EVER done other than 1966.

Last edited:

Tedlooney

Sergeant
I think they played better football than the men's version of the English team and obviously went further in the event than the men have EVER done other than 1966.

And 1990 when the men's team were also defeated in the semi final.