• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wobbly

Squidward

LAC
Kinda makes a mockery of our supposed anonymity on this 'ere forum, but as everyone's at it!

NHS Jan 89 - Sep 96 (Nursey)
Sep 96 - Jul 99 (Army - Boo, hiss!) Duchess of Kent's Military Hospital (Op Theatres)
Jul 99 - Nov 00 MDHU (Northallerton) (Op Theatres)
Nov 00 - Nov 01 Duchess of Kent's Psychiatric Hospital
Nov 01 - Nov 02 University of Sheffield (Psych Nurse Trg)
Nov 02 - Jun 04 Mental Health Hospital Unit, Wegberg BFG
Jul 04 - Present (RAF - Hurrah!) ...Ah, that would be telling!!!

Deployments (for the Pongos) OOAs (for the Crabs)

Bosnia Op LODESTAR Mar - Aug 98
Bosnia Op PALATINE Jul - Nov 00
Iraq Op TELIC 7/8 Feb 06 - Jun 06

Anyone who thinks they know me can PM me. Oh, and by the way, as an added PERSEC measure, I go by a different handle on ARRSE and RumRation.:pDT_Xtremez_30:

S

Split-Brain

A Split-Brains Career

A Split-Brains Career

Took the Queen's Shilling in October'75. She changed her mind and tried to get it back.

75 and I'm at Swinderby for the marching and beasting bit.
75-78 doing my time at No 1 SofTT Halton for the trade training, more beasting, and a surprise stint as a firefighter with the Green Goddess.
78-83 and I'm on "Trembling One" and the Mighty Toom, at the RAF's premier QRA base in Scotland.
83-88 now it's SAR, 22 at Leconfield with Walter the Wessex.
88-90 still SAR at Leconfield but 22 becomes 202 and we change our Walter's for Sea Kings.
85-89 sees a couple of trips to the FI, and it's Sea Kings at Navy Point then 78 at MPA.
90-93 It's Valley now, SARTU to start with, then to 22 for proper SAR, back with good old Walter.
93-93 Loaned out to 22 at Coltishall for 6 months, vow never to go back to Valley.
93-95 Change of pace, and it's "Tatty Ton" at Finningley with that superb little dinky jet.
95-97 Something completely different, the L.I.T.S. Project Team at Henlow and Coltishall.
97-00 Northern Ireland and 72. Back with Walter for the last time, plus that anglo-french thingie.

Finally gave the Queen her shilling back in 2000.
PVR'd cos I was coming up to tour-ex, and the dafters wanted to send me to Saints. NO F**KING CHANCE

Best Squadron - 72 at Aldergrove :pDT_Xtremez_30:

Best Tour - 100 Sqn (All those Dets incl Cyprus, Gibralter, Norway ) :pDT_Xtremez_30:

Best Camp - Coltishall :pDT_Xtremez_28:

The WORST - Valley - I HATED that place. ::(:

G

georgeios

Hello

Hello

Hi peeps,

Not been in that long but have been about abit so here goes.

Left RAF Halton 2001
Left RAF Cosford 2001
81 SU Kinloss 01-03
PJHQ for 6 mths on "Tigers" did some hot places
RAF Fylingdales 03-06
RAF Lossiemouth 07- Still there.

Im a proud peanut well ex but always will be :eek:) climbing the slippery slops got my tapes start of 07 so career Cpl happydays!! Cant spell sorry for the english boff out there.

C

Callsign Charlie

Hey Out There

Hey Out There

Well despite the name, I am Pers Admin and have been in coming up for 11 years now. How time flys when your having fun!

Halton 96-97
JSCSC Bracknell 97-99
RAF St Mawgan 99-01
JSU Corsham 01-03
RAF Marham 03-05
RAF Saxa Vord 05-06
Currently in the South Atlantic!!

Got interested in the Goat by my boss who is a regular to the forums.

S

suewilldo

Saint Athan 84 (Mechs course)
Mount Batten 84-85
Honington 86-87
Saint Athan 87-88(Fitters course)
Benson 88-89
Laarbruch 89-91
Marham 91-93
Civvy:pDT_Xtremez_28:

worthers

LAC
Joined Feb 92 as AV Mech
left cosford dec92
SLF 92 to oct 96
cosford again oct 96 to march 98
AWC 98 to june 99 (lucky escape)
3(F) Sqn Cottesmore 99 to april 02
1(F) Sqn 02 to 04
5(AC) Sqn 04 to present

F

flipper

nice to see the sense of humour is still strong

nice to see the sense of humour is still strong

found this site 2 days ago and wish it was here when i was in the mob.
joined 78 A mech P swinderby to be educated in all things blue, next to halton for education in all things oily, next to cranwell for the start of the education on how to cope with hangovers, learnt that using aircraft oxygen gave short term cure to the beating head, next was 4 years at 431MU Bruggen where i found that the best way to avoid a hangover was to stay drunk. next conningsby on the mighty toom's, found out a couldn't afford a hangover anymore, back to halton to be an AtechP, found that i could now afford a hangover again after halton, so spent 8 years at Lyneham in AES having intermittant hangovers untill 92 when i was medically discharged, so now i am a war pensioner with no restriction on my health(I guess the quacks got that wrong then) I am still in aviation with A,B1,B2&C easa licences working for a cargo airline in the midlands.
All the best for the future of the web site

12O'ClockHigh

Omg!

Omg!

Looks like I am 'ancient'!! Or, at the very least, one-in-the-grave category, as compared to the other blokes about here!!

However, here goes nothing:

1959: Joined the National Defence Academy
1963: Commissioned in the Fighters stream
First posting to a Vampire Sqn
1964: Went to USA for an Advanced Gunnery Course on T-33s and F-86s
End 1964: Posted to a Mystere IV A Sqn
1965: Took part in the Ops against Pakistan
1966: Converted to and posted to a Gnat Sqn
1969: Force-Landed the Gnat when its engine flamed out on down-wind
1970: Got my full flying med cat back
1971: Converted and posted to Su-7 Sqn
1971: Ops against Pakistan
1976: Back to a Gnat Sqn as Flight Commander
1979: Posted to Eastern Air Command on the Air Staff and then,
became the Ops Staff officer to the AoCinC
1981: Posted to Air HQ
1984: Took premature retirement from the service

M

mr blobby

Joined Nov 85
Feb-Sept 86 Radar Mechs course Cosford ( MAR 48 )
Sept 86- Feb 90 2nd line Victor NBS Bay Marham
Feb 90- Aug 91 AV fitters Course (avt ft 6 or FAT 6 as we were called)
Aug 91- Jan 01 TNR Bay Marham
Jan 01- Apr 06 Instructor Cosford
Apr 06 - Jul 07 24/30 the mighty C shift
So working that out my 22 Nov 07
I'M OUT OF HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:pDT_Xtremez_30:

MAINJAFAD

Warrant Officer
Might as well list where I've done for a second time (First attempt got wasted in the hacking attack at the start of the year).

Joined Nov 83, Swinderby

Locking Jan 84, Direct Entry Air Defence (Term JAFAD not yet invented then).

West Ranyham Jul 85, Bloodhound Missile Servicing Flight until the AR's took over, got two stripe on time.

Bishops Court Jul 89, Good Money, Top Shift, Crap Camp, CO from hell, Mad Collie, got Mortered, got a gong, shut camp and got posting I didn't want.

144 SU Wattisham Nov 90, most of it spent at Portreath, before moving to...

114 SU Ty-Croes Jul 91, good bunch of lads, crap bosses, it was in North Wales hence overall it was crap. Unit closed Dec 95 (best unit do I've been to ever, though I'd jumped ship to....

Locking Jul 95, first six months brilliant, then took a job in course design, big mistake, put in for Outer Islands as I didn't want to go to Cosford. Benny posting and course dates set, then cancelled, hit with the Falklands just when Locking was closing. Offered 1ACC, TCW, Cosford or Spadeadam, let me think about that for 1 microsecond....

...Spadeadam Jan 99, quick not so jolly down south, then SA-8 on GAFE, loved the job and camp was alright, just about settle down there when hit with a T93 Course, Chief asks why I'm doing a 93 course...I reply, most likely I'm going to....

Saxa Vord Mar 00, Mission on the tour, save as much dosh as I can and get my posting of choice at the end of it, both missions completed with a posting 18 months later to…

Neatishead Sep 01, Long course at Cosford, Got to do a chief’s job as an acting three stripe/Cpl. Watched Neat get wasted as a CRC, bit of time on the 93, followed by my third and 18 months as SNCO Eng Co-ord and now to…

Henlow Apr 07, Working on the road for a bunch out of Warminster on a joint service training team.

DWR’s

Byron Heights (7SU) Oct 88 – Mar 89 – best OOA
Mt Alice (751/303 SU’s) Feb – Jun 99 – should have been a lot better than it was
Al’s Garage PSAB Dec 02 – May 03 (got a clasp and a gong for that one), ruined by Telic, no R+R.

Six month Bloodhound Q course at Newton as well in 86 (best six months of my career those).

F

FairyGoodGuy

Not as indepth as some... not mentioning any names...

April 96 joined the mob as AV Mech (T)...abuse to follow---

Feb 97 first posting to TTTE Cottesmore A'Shift servicing the mighty swingwing dagger of death, very busy and fantastic time.

Aug 97 too good to miss 14 Squadron RAF Bruggen very very drunk best posting ever.

Oct 98 RAF Cosford fitters course ETAV 45... 18 months of mind numbing.

Mar 00 Air Comms Bay Kinloss fcuking hated it SGT a complete arseh0le.

June 01 Exchange to NLS A'shift Kinloss many many dets mainly sandy hot places, but the lads make that place unforgetable.

July 03 Moved to AMF Kinloss on promotion.

June 05 PMA Volunteer trial scheme to 7 Air Assault Battalion Wattisham fixing AAC Lynx, but never actually touched a Lynx in 12 months. Hence the move by the Trade Sponsor and Strike Command to:-

June 06 After much fcuking around by the Pongos moved to 4 Regt Army Air Corps at Wattisham fixing AAC Lynx where we actually did work with the Pongos. It was just like any first line posting with the occasional exercise on Salisbury plain.... nice

June 07 After being given the choice between Marham and DCAE Tossford I chose Tossford... and not regretting it YET....

W

Winged Crusader

Joined Apr 71

No 7 School of Recruit Training RAF Swinderby (Best All Round Recruit)

No 4 School Technical Training St Athan (A Mech P, Cse141, Course Ldr)

ECU Bay, MEAS, RAF Waddington (Vulcans)

237 OCU RAF Honington (Buccaneers/Hunter T7)

VASS RAF Aldergrove (3 month det)

14 Sqn RAF Bruggen (Jaguar GR1/T2) 3 Times Winners of Salmond Trophy

SSF RAF Linton-on-Ouse (Jet Provost Mk 3 & Mk 5)

No 1 School Technical Training (Fitters Cse APF19 Cse Ldr)

SSF RAF Linton-on-Ouse (promoted Cpl)

226 OCU RAF Lossiemouth (Jaguar)

17(F) Sqn RAF Bruggen (Tornado GR1)

431 MU RAF Bruggen (promoted Sgt)

NLF RAF St Mawgan (Nimrod MR2)

SLF RAF Waddington (Sentry E3D) Demob Apr 94

Fairynuff31

Corporal
My turn then.....

Joined Jan 83 - Swinditz - 11 Flt

Feb 83 - Sept 84 - Cosford - started off in TAR DE 63, wasn't very good, back coursed to TAR DE 67

Sept 84 - Coltishall - there for 1 month working in Eng Wing (no-one seemed to know anything about me!), when I was told, 'hey you're AWOL and Marham are looking for you!' - Seems Innsworth sent me to the wrong place!

Oct 84 - Mar 86 - ARSS bay - I kid you not - the Victor radar bay (Green Satin, Tacan etc) was called the ARSS Bay!

Oct 85 - Jan 86 - Ferranti Edinburgh - Tonka Nose Radar course (2nd line)

Mar 86 - Nov 87 - Bruggen (Yay!) TNR Bay - (boo!) what a sh1t hole - I hated it.... got a move to 31 Goldstars following an unsuspecting DE JT getting posted to the bay straight from training. After working out he was an extra body and over the manning establishment, I asked for and got moved (relief to my CT etc - who fcuking hated me) before the management had worked out the same!

Nov 87 to Mar 90 - 31 Sqdn Goldstars - what can I say , except outstanding! Schnellies, RoeM, Shoarmers, Rhein in Flames, etc etc etc.

Mar 90 to demob Sept 92 - Wyton - Canberra ECM Bay and another career low point - what a tip and full of tw@ts. Entire Bay blokes were forced to clean the floor by scraping up all traces of the lino-polish with stanley knife blades, to allow the civvy cleaners to be able to do a good job! Oh! how we nearly mutinied - in fact I was accused of the very same, so couldnt wait to get out!

Sept 92 - Mar 94 - BAE Saudi - mega bucks and sand!

Now settled in a good job, close to a major Swing-Wing base in Norfolk.

There's no doubt I had a blast in my short 9 and feel grateful that I did my bit -even it was drinking beer and claiming for every home to duty mile I could.

I feel for and appreciate just what you lot, who are currently serving, are up against - pish management, sandy locations etc and being treated like cnuts by cnuts. There is life outside - just make sure you keep your heads down long enough to experience it first hand!

Sammers

LAC
Just thought I'd say hello :)

Here's a little about me.

Joined June 85 and went to Swinderby

Trade training as a DE Flight Systems Tech on TFS-DE94
6 months at RAF Locking ( oh my what a holiday camp... PTI's with beer bellies !!! )
12 months at RAF Cosford ( Oh my, what a shock after the slackness of Locking... PTI's from the SS !!!)

Posted to Wattisham in Jan 87.
Worked in AES ( flight Systems bay )
some short secondments to both 56 and 74 Squadron

Finally decided in May 89 that since the trade was 100% over-manned after the Russians gave in, filling sandbags as a profession wasnt too enticing, I'd PVR. At the time I held the record for the shortest PVR on wattisham for a techie. 1 month from handing in the papers to exit. I didnt even have to go to the Falklands !!! That record was broken shortly after by a mate who got out in 3 days. :(

Been working in IT ever since and now work for a big bank in London.

Lots of fond memories, some not so fond.

Best times would have to be the two basketball tours I went on around the RAF Germany bases and an 8 week detatchement to the Island of lurve ( AKA Cyprus ) in the summer of 88. Ohh. And all the volleyball outside the bay at break times.

Does anyone esle miss the smell of aviation fuel ? ? ;)

Sammers.

Gazza260

LAC
OK
Swinders January 1980
Halton AEM 58
Then St Athan Leckie Bay (Hated it)
Gutersloh 82 - 85 Leckie bay then VASF (Can only remember 2 weeks of it)
St Mawgan NLF for 6 months waiting for....
Halton 85-86 AEF 83
Then Tonks OCU at Coningsby, got a lucky exchange (Thanks Alec) to Phantoomb OCU and move to Leuchars til finish in 90.
BFG was the best, Newquay ran it close though!.
To summarise, Loved it, Miss it, Want it, can't have it.
Gazza

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Hey Folks. 20 yr clerk that has never done PSF!!!

Phantom Sqn @ Wattisham
Rock Sqn @ West Raynham

Tapes.

Jag Sqn @ Colt
Tonkas @ Lossie (but only briefly!)
Tonkas @ Marham

Third

Colt - Had the honour to haul the ensign down on 30 November 2006. Very sad day.
Harriers @ Cottesmore

Too many Gulfs to mention, numerous Gioias & Incirliks, a few North Americas, the odd Scandinavian Soujorn, DWRs to MPA and Banja Luka and a trip to Kandahar just after I pitched up at Cottesmore. A well-travelled fella!

Just a trip on a boat now for a full house which is imminent!:pDT_Xtremez_43:

Shiny_Rob

Corporal
Swinders Feb 92
Hereford Apr 92
PSF Lyneham Sep 92 - Nov 95
PSF Locking Nov 95 - Apr 99 with a trip to Als Garage in 98
Ramstein Apr 99 - Apr 02
Waddington Apr 02 - Jan 06 with a trip to Incirlik & MPA
SHAPE Jan 06 .........

C

clarky79

I started off as a TG3 Mech.
Got to Halton in May 98, then onto sunny Locking from July 98 til April 99 (Just before closing time)
Ground radio Brize from April 99 - June 01, with a 6 week stint in Gib
Cosford from June 01 - April 02 on fitters course
Very Sunny Cyprus from April 02 - April 05
not so sunny Benson from April 05 - June 06 where i almost spent more time at Cosford doing Q's than Benson. Also got lobotomised (Assimilated) into TG4.
Currently at NATO Oakhanger since June 06

The Bowmeister

Darkside Jedi Master
Swinderby: 1987
Halton: 87-90 on Appo trg Wing (A Eng Tech A/P)
Brawdy: 90-92 A.O.S No1 TWU Hawk's
Chivenor: 92-94, 63 & 19 Sqn's Hawk's
Coltishall: 94-96 Engine and Airframe Bays (P.A.C.F)
Bruggen: 96-99 14 Sqn Tonka's
Lossiemouth: 99-2000 617 Sqn Tonka's
Aldergrove: 2000-04 230 Sqn Puma's
Brize Norton: 2004-on 216 Sqn Tristars.
Lots of fun Det's & Trips, some good because of locat, others made good by people who i was there with. Best posting: Bruggen, worst: Coltishall.
:pDT_Xtremez_15:

the lovetoad

Sergeant
Subscriber
Spose I better put a bit of a life story

1989/90 Swinditz followed by Shawbury for Trade training / alcohol abuse training.
1990-92 Coningsby ATC
1992 -95 Laarbruch ops with various trips away to the wobbly brewery
1995-98 Boscombe Down ATC + SAOEU ops
1998-2001 Akrotiri rugby club ( and occasionally in station ops)
2001-02 Waddington ops.
2002-03 High Wycombe AAR Cell
2003-04 Brize Norton AAR Cell
2004-06 Linton on Snooze ATC
2006-2007 Aldergrove JHF(NI) tasking
2007- Got to Lyneham and still here.

It's not a typing problem 6 tours in 6 years .......thanks a bunch.