• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Withdrawl of a PVR?

gabs1985

LAC
Not sure if the answer will be what I’m looking for but here goes!

I’ve been in for around six years, enjoyed my career. Until 12-16 months ago when i was posted, I have spent the entire of my time in this new section being used for menial tasks and have received Zero training.
Because of the lack of training and the job I do I have been un able to do my job for this period.

I have always been a very motivated person and this lack of career progression has had a huge impact on my life, notably my family life. I feel as if my career has been on hold the last year and a half and having tried speaking to the management with regard to courses or a move it never happened.

Just after Christmas things reached breaking point, something was said at work and I didn’t know what to do. I put my PVR in. This was a huge mistake I will most likely continue to regret for some time.

My question is though; my mental state has been affected by all of the above. Is there any possibility they could withdraw my PVR based on what’s happened if it was advised by a medic I was depressed when the decision was made?

Humble Scribe

Sergeant
May I ask what trade you are as this will affect the outcome of your request. Certainly these days ET withdrawal's are being looked on more favourably especially in trades where we are undermanned. Certainly no harm in making the request anyway, they can only say no but dependant on your trade they may bite your hand off.

gabs1985

LAC
Hi,

I am an armourer, im aware as a trade we are over manned but im also aware there a positions that they require volunteers for. Honnington raf regt are looking for armourer volunters and i believe there not having a lot of joy.

i would take up any postion available to try and just get back in to a normal work place where I can once again be a usefull memeber of the raf.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
What kind of armament work you doing at the minute fella?

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Whatever you decide be very careful playing the depressed card in your trade mate, I've seen people do that then removed from trade work due to the inherent risks and then booted out....

gabs1985

LAC
Appreciate the advice, at the moment all I really want is to be given the opportunity to carry on working and put the last year or so behind me.

Humble Scribe

Sergeant
Speak to your Chf Clk and apply to withdraw. EOD quals are probably quite valuable and it'll cost you nothing to put it in anyway. Do it tomorrow.

Soon To Leave

Proud To Serve
Application to withdraw Early Termination request is done on JPA. Do speak with your line management as they will have to support your application which will turn up in their workflow.

FootTapper

Sergeant
RAF EOD at the minute, narrows it down so if I know you would appreciate this keeping anonymous guys.

I was knee deep in mud, in the rain, sorting through piles of mud to separate out the fired blank cases when I decided that applying for Aircrew was a good idea.... EOD's **** jobs tend to be really ****!

Best of luck with pulling the PVR - and it's good to hear you're in a job where you're enjoying the trade again :)

kevster

LAC
Hi,

I am an armourer, im aware as a trade we are over manned but im also aware there a positions that they require volunteers for. Honnington raf regt are looking for armourer volunters and i believe there not having a lot of joy.

i would take up any postion available to try and just get back in to a normal work place where I can once again be a usefull memeber of the raf.

If you're prone to suffering from depression, then I suggest a RAF Regt Sqn at Honington is the last place you want to get posted to. Unless you like being depressed, that is?