• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why are you proud to be in the RAF?

M

MTD

I've been out ten years, after nine as a techie.

Strangely enough, I am prouder these days that I was part of it, than I was when I was in.

Always the way though eh?

:pDT_Xtremez_14:

As embarrassed as to say this but i have to agree with you broadsword lol.
I joined up in 87 and it was a time where 96,500 (aprox) in the RAF world wide, seemed to want to get out by PVR'ing !
Some places i use to visit as a mtd were right sh*t holes and you could see why they were peed off and wanted out.
Now, reading some of the posts on here, it seems things are a little better ???????
My first posting was High Wycombe in 87 and the block i lived in (Vulcan) was condemed 15 years before i moved in !!!!
It appears that reading the net that married quarters, barrack blocks are still in pristine condition !!!
Embarrassing as it sounds i am proud (ish) because i now try and help old and new RAF fight for war pensions etc because it gets my bloody nose out of joint when this poxy looney labour are not helping our injured men and women.

M

Mickwreay

Still proud to serve? It's a big question which is certainly hard to answer in a sentence!
In the beginning for me anyway there was the F2 & seemingly in the end there will be the F3 on RTP......!
I am still proud to say I’m in the RAF, even if I have pvrd & am due to leave next year, the trick is to GTF out when you have had enough, I don’t want to get bitter with the job I have mainly enjoyed.
I think I speak for most techies & maybe many other trades, we seem to remember the hard times fondly. My best years to-date are during my time on 18 Sqn circa 94-99. Many many days OOA (which the f#kers took off me when the new LSA rules came in) but we had a purpose.
Spending much of my free time in the mentally & physically handicapped home in Vrlika Croatia.
The thing to realise is, you should only make decisions on the here & now, not what the good old days were like!
We oldies should not turn the newbie’s sour! The future is bright but unfortunately the future is GREEN.................!

techie_tubby

Warrant Officer
In the current climate though, is it viable to leave the forces? Yes you get sent away but i'd rather be sent to the desert every now and again knowing I have a room and 3 meals to go back to.

A

Avesome Balls

If you feel 'no pride,' f#$% off and be a Milk Man ! Just be a good Milk Man