• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Whoops...MoD may have to rehire thousands of peeps...

ktuludays

LAC
it would appear that this skills shortage is true.

I left the service last week after 12 years. i was called 4 weeks before my last day in work by manning asking me to stay in as they were desperate for av cpl's. they offered me a very juicy carrot of marham, a unit i had been at for 5 years and not enjoyed one minute of it, hence me leaving.

manager of clothing stores said that they had cleared numerous cpl's only to see them back in the door weeks later for a full kitting issue, some of them were redundancy too!

they just never learn.....

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
it would appear that this skills shortage is true. I left the service last week after 12 years. i was called 4 weeks before my last day in work by manning asking me to stay in as they were desperate for av cpl's. they offered me a very juicy carrot of marham, a unit i had been at for 5 years and not enjoyed one minute of it, hence me leaving.manager of clothing stores said that they had cleared numerous cpl's only to see them back in the door weeks later for a full kitting issue, some of them were redundancy too! they just never learn.....
I hope you took great pleasure in telling them to go forth and multiply!

FootTapper

Sergeant
Hmm, leave with my redundancy lump sum or go back to the "Blue Pyjama" force? Tricky....

If they told me I could keep the lump sum, I'd be back in a heartbeat. But since they'd want it all back there's not a chance in hell :)

fogducker

SAC
Come back.............

Not bloody likely! I couldnt wait to get out, I PVR'd before 12 June just to beat the rush and bagged a nicely paid job doing 6 months work a week before I got the letter informing me I was unsuccesful in getting redundancy!!

Get it reet round ya!

Harry B'Stard

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Come back.............

Not bloody likely! I couldnt wait to get out, I PVR'd before 12 June just to beat the rush and bagged a nicely paid job doing 6 months work a week before I got the letter informing me I was unsuccesful in getting redundancy!!

Get it reet round ya!

FD,

You seem to sound happy at your current situation? :pDT_Xtremez_28:

HTB

fogducker

SAC
Oh the Grammar police are out! yes "6 months work a year, a week before"

Ghandi you know me too well! do you still want the link to job?

E

enginesuck

Every one of the Redundees i know have secured work - even if they let me keep the lump sum they could poke it - got 5k for the last 4 weeks

What would TheGhostofClaireRayner suggest?

Johnnyboy,

I've been absent because nobody was asking for my help so I assumed you were all a happy little bunch following Tranche 2. I'm not surprised that the MOD is a bit up in the air - next thing you know, the RAF will be recruiting 4500 a year, mostly in the wrong trades and we'll have a bottleneck in the Ph1 training system. Some people on the greasy pole will never learn....

Lots of love,

C
xx