• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which Console?

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
Seriously consider buying a second hand console, whether it's PS4 or XboxOne. There'll be another new console out in about 12 months, no doubt.....

rocket scientist

Sergeant
Well I'm sure my first primitive "pong" console pre-dates even the ZX80 but I also had a ZX-81, then a Spectrum followed by an Acorn Electron (mainly because I wanted disc drives and couldn't afford a BBC Micro.

I stopped being a geek for a few years until I got to Bruggen when the first Playstation came out and then I also got got a PSP a few years later for use on long Herc trails across the Atlantic. The only reason I've got my Xbox was because I needed something to keep me out of the bar when I was living in the mess at Coningsby a few years ago.

Seriously consider buying a second hand console, whether it's PS4 or XboxOne. There'll be another new console out in about 12 months, no doubt.....
Good point that, although the reason mine's on the way out is because the laser is having problems reading discs and I've already tweaked the gain pot on it once so I'm guessing a lot of 2nd hand machines will be similar. If there are new consoles coming out though, retailers might be wanting to offload old models.

I'm going to stick with Xbox I think - it's supposed to be backwards compatible, I'm used to the interface & controller and I only really know one person who has a PS4 whereas 2 of my steplads have Xbox One so I can always borrow games from them.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Well I'm sure my first primitive "pong" console pre-dates even the ZX80 but I also had a ZX-81, then a Spectrum followed by an Acorn Electron (mainly because I wanted disc drives and couldn't afford a BBC Micro.

I stopped being a geek for a few years until I got to Bruggen when the first Playstation came out and then I also got got a PSP a few years later for use on long Herc trails across the Atlantic. The only reason I've got my Xbox was because I needed something to keep me out of the bar when I was living in the mess at Coningsby a few years ago.

Good point that, although the reason mine's on the way out is because the laser is having problems reading discs and I've already tweaked the gain pot on it once so I'm guessing a lot of 2nd hand machines will be similar. If there are new consoles coming out though, retailers might be wanting to offload old models.

I'm going to stick with Xbox I think - it's supposed to be backwards compatible, I'm used to the interface & controller and I only really know one person who has a PS4 whereas 2 of my steplads have Xbox One so I can always borrow games from them.

Get down CEX and buy an Xbox One S, does most things the super one does, just not the bits you won’t notice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

penfold93

Rex Craymer Man of Danger
Staff member
Subscriber
I had this bad boy as well, loved it!

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 0