• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which alarm?

F

flounder_al

Got a ZX6R J2 and the alarm on it has just gone u/s. It is a Solalarm and tbh its pants.

Just wondering what alarm you bikers out there would recommend? I am thinking of either a Datatool System 3 or a Meta 375T.

Any advice peeps?

GunnerP

SAC
I have an Oxford Immobilizer fitted to mine, it was on when I bought it and I have had no problems. But personally if I had bought the bike from new I wouldn't have bothered with either an alarm or immobilizer. They just put extra strain on the battery, and if someone wants to nick your bike, it wont matter a jot what you have fitted (trackers may be a little different though)

P

P

Pan Warrior

Gp1000t

Gp1000t

The best vehicle security in the World is now available for bikes! Clifford is proud to announce the arrival of their Thatcham Category 1 bike alarm/immobiliser. Just like the car G5 products, this comes with the new cello carbon style remote control with blue LED. The GP1000T not only offers to be the best bike alarm on the market, but gives dual circuit immobilisation, tr-axial tilt sensing to provide perfect sensng if the bike is on a side stand, waterproof housing, ultra-bright status LED, 24/48/96 hour sleep mode to avoid battery drain, option for IntelliStart and dual zone sensing too!:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Meta

Meta

I would highly recommend a Meta, my VFR has had one fitted for 6 years, the bike stands outside on the sidestand in all weathers without the slightest problem.

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
Mine went tits two years ago on an August Bank hol it was an old Acumen, fitted before I bought it. The alarm went off for twelve hours (I wasn't there). It drained the battery, fcuked the alarm and melted my dinky little Micro arrow indicators on the back. Be wary of your choice and have it properly fitted and weatherproofed.

Red-Rock

Sergeant
I had a Datatool Veto plus fitted to my FireBlade when I bought the bike brand new and didn't have a days trouble from it in the 6 years that I had the bike. Datatool make excellent alarms.:pDT_Xtremez_28:

JoKing

LAC
I've had a datatool system 3 fitted to my VFR for about 3 years with no problems to date. The only annoying thing about it is when you stop for fuel. The alarm automatically arms it's self after 30 secs so when you put the bike on the side stand to go and pay for your fuel it goes off due to the tilt switch.
so you have to remember to have the fob thing handy to turn the the tilt circuit off by pressing the larger of the 2 buttons.
I also got a free battery opitmiser with it so i don't have trouble with flat battery.
Get it fitted by an authorised dealer as they give you a certificate of fitment which your insurance company will want a copy of.