• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wendy Richards RIP

AndyZ

Sergeant
Wendy Richards dies aged 65 of cancer
Very sad loss and in contrast to Jade she died in peace and with quiet dignity, I for one didnt even know she had cancer
RIP

TACAN

Corporal
Yes, a sad loss. I remember seeing her first in 'Dad's Army' many moons ago.
Although her condition was well reported at the time, she chose her own path and displayed the dignity and bearing which I would hope we could all aspire to in such terrible times - and she will be all the more respected for it. Not like others....

RIP 'Miss Brahms'

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
RIP, Wendy. A competent actress with a good sense of fun.
A dignified exit which could serve as a contrast to others in the media.

She was the voice of the Bird invited to "come outside" with Mike Sarne.

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
I remember hearing that she had cancer a few years back but nothing since.........I rememer her best in "are you being served".

RIP Wendy.........

theladf

Cynic & Conspiracy Theorist
Sad news indeed, although given that she has been suffering for a fair while it could also be a merciful release. RIP

Sergeant
miss brams are you being served i was only a kid but i loved her. wat a darling.
another part of my youth gone.she will be missed

I

irishlogster

A sad loss to British television. Grew up watching this lady on telly. RIP Wendy

SORRY CJ

Flight Sergeant
I'm upset now......My thoughts go out to her family, friends and all who feel the great loss.

SCJ

firestorm

Warrant Officer
Wendy Richards dies aged 65 of cancer
Very sad loss and in contrast to Jade she died in peace and with quiet dignity, I for one didnt even know she had cancer
RIP

You must have missed it when she blasted it across the Sundays last year.

Shugster

Warrant Officer
It's always sad to hear of anyone dying of the big, "C". And yes when I was a lad watching her in, "Are you being served?", I would!

But if I were in her or Jades shoes and I could bag some money to leave to my loved ones by talking to the press, then hell yes I would.

Dignity and respect are important, but will it care for my family when I'm 6 feet under?

R_Squared

Flight Sergeant
I'm sorry to here of her death. I primarily remember her in 'Are you being served' from when I was a kid.

These days 65 seems young, my father is much older than that. I was also surprised to hear that this was her third battle with Cancer.

It is such a shame that the obvious comparison is now going to be made between this talented and professional lady and the other ongoing situation.

It would be a shame if people keep bringing up the comparison on a thread that should be for Mrs Richards.

Last edited: