• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wanted Stereo Amp

penfold93

Rex Craymer Man of Danger
Staff member
Subscriber
I received one of those turntables that converts vinyl to MP3 for my birthday and whilst its OK the sound from the speakers doesnt do some of my old LP's justice.

I am on the look out for a decent working second hand amp if anyone has one so that I can use it and some speakers to improve the sound & volume:pDT_Xtremez_31:

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
'Trigger Warning'. I don't want to sound unkind Pen, but nothing on this planet will make the music you listen to sound better:pDT_Xtremez_07:

Gonterseed

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I received one of those turntables that converts vinyl to MP3 for my birthday and whilst its OK the sound from the speakers doesnt do some of my old LP's justice.

I am on the look out for a decent working second hand amp if anyone has one so that I can use it and some speakers to improve the sound & volume:pDT_Xtremez_31:

I'm a bit confused. Does the turntable produce the MP3 file or do you connect the turntable to a PC with a USB lead?

There is one in my office at Cosford if your local you are more than welcome to it. Not sure it works 100% in true stero though.

sid the squid

Sergeant
try looking for a cheap one on facebook for sales sites mate, or car boots etc, I am sure you will pick one up relatively cheap. I got a deck similar to the one you are on about and connected to my kenwood amp and its fantastic, loving the vinyl

penfold93

Rex Craymer Man of Danger
Staff member
Subscriber
I'm a bit confused. Does the turntable produce the MP3 file or do you connect the turntable to a PC with a USB lead?

You connect it up to the PC and then a program converts it to MP3.

try looking for a cheap one on facebook for sales sites mate, or car boots etc, I am sure you will pick one up relatively cheap. I got a deck similar to the one you are on about and connected to my kenwood amp and its fantastic, loving the vinyl

Hopefully with the weather picking up i can trawl a few of the boot sales that spring up