• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Union Jack Club.

Kiwistacker

Clinically Insane
This is not a rant as such so I've put it in chit chat.
I am back in UK to visit my sick dad, and when I journey back to NZ I'll be staying a night at the UJC. When I priced it up on t'internet I classed myself as HM Forces as I'm in the RNZAF. When I phoned to book and explained it all I was charged the higher rate as I'm 'foreign forces'. Jokingly I explained that on joining the RNZAF I had pledged allegiance to the Queen, therefore I'm still HM Forces, but I was politely told that HM Forces meant UK service numbers. For the sake of ten quid I'm not too fussed but thought I'd push this out to see what the goat thinks?

You swore allegiance to Her Maj so should be on lower rates , seems bollocks to me but as you say tis only £10 would make more of it is it was a bigger price difference

S

SepticCalling

This is not a rant as such so I've put it in chit chat.
I am back in UK to visit my sick dad, and when I journey back to NZ I'll be staying a night at the UJC. When I priced it up on t'internet I classed myself as HM Forces as I'm in the RNZAF. When I phoned to book and explained it all I was charged the higher rate as I'm 'foreign forces'. Jokingly I explained that on joining the RNZAF I had pledged allegiance to the Queen, therefore I'm still HM Forces, but I was politely told that HM Forces meant UK service numbers. For the sake of ten quid I'm not too fussed but thought I'd push this out to see what the goat thinks?

Try laterooms.com.... often get far better deal than the service clubs in London.

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Well couldn't you just give them your old UK service number ? It says on the site "The Union Jack Club is a private members club for serving and ex-serving military personnel " Surely you must fall into the later category then (well for the UK at least) ? (I assume this would be cheaper than the foreign forces tariff but totally agree that you should be entitled anyways !)

Hope your dad is ok and you have a safe trip back.

Crack on...................:pDT_Xtremez_09:

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Worse thing they ever did was make the union jack club into single rooms. Couldn't beat the dorm of the early 70s. Stuck in London for the night go to the union jack club, for a couple of quid you got a bed for the night. Ah the good old days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johned

SAC
Union Jack Club

Union Jack Club

Justintime129 I don't agree with you over a dorm at the UJC. I passed through in uniform on duty in the late sixties; was prepared to accept a bed in a dorm but when the receptionist/concierge whatever, saw my rig he said "better put you in a bunk; we're full of matelots and if they see you, they'll lynch you!" Thinking he was pulling my leg, I was just
getting my head down towards midnight and the air was suddenly rent with bloodcurling screams and yells, running feet and general pandemonium and yes, there was an ejaculation of seamen fresh from their nightly libations. I had to catch a very early train from Waterloo, paid my dues and thankfully did not encounter any of the fearsome RN!

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Justintime129 I don't agree with you over a dorm at the UJC. I passed through in uniform on duty in the late sixties; was prepared to accept a bed in a dorm but when the receptionist/concierge whatever, saw my rig he said "better put you in a bunk; we're full of matelots and if they see you, they'll lynch you!" Thinking he was pulling my leg, I was just
getting my head down towards midnight and the air was suddenly rent with bloodcurling screams and yells, running feet and general pandemonium and yes, there was an ejaculation of seamen fresh from their nightly libations. I had to catch a very early train from Waterloo, paid my dues and thankfully did not encounter any of the fearsome RN!

That's what life is all about lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vushtrri

Sergeant
There is a section as I am sure everyone knows that is called the FCO...Foreign & Commonwealth office...to me that indicates that Foreign .....and Commonwealth are two different entities.......The way they have treated you sucks irrespective of the difference in price...........have you tried the Victory Club marble arch?

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
A service man can show his ID at the UJC.
How does a veteran show he's an ex-mob man ?

Jaymac

Sergeant

Just as well the fishheads weren't aware of your presence as no doubt they would have taken great pleasure in explaining about the golden rivet:pDT_Xtremez_14:.