• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Uniform Questionnaire

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Can honestly say, the only time I wore the issue thin black nylon socks was in basic training. The rest of the time I bought cotton socks.

That being said, the white OOA socks were the best.
green flying socks were/are awesome. I still have a number of pairs and when combined with a decent walking boot it's like walking on soft squishy clouds.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
green flying socks were/are awesome. I still have a number of pairs and when combined with a decent walking boot it's like walking on soft squishy clouds.
You can achieve a much nicer effect by buying a pair of wellies and filling them with a bag of marshmallows.

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
A few years back they were looking at a 'RAF version' of the current PCS - like the RN have adopted a dark blue version, the RAF was considering adopting a light blue / black version. No idea if this is still in the pipeline.

I think the current PCS / combats are certainly more comfortable to work in than blues (which have always been pretty dire), but I don't really see a need for camouflage in the office - so a blue or black version would be good.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
as has been said by a few over the years, polo shirt and cargo pants should do most, PCS is probably a bit over kill in the RAFs normal working environment.

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
Can you imagine the disgust - growbags replaced with polo shirts for all those not on actual flying duties... the uproar would be overwhelming...

Edit - yeah I know we were talking about blues, I just thought this would be funny.

norfolkred1

Sergeant
Can you imagine the disgust - growbags replaced with polo shirts for all those not on actual flying duties... the uproar would be overwhelming...

Edit - yeah I know we were talking about blues, I just thought this would be funny.
The growbag wearing crusties at High Wycombe would have a fit.