• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ULEZ

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Sir Keir Starmer has U-turned on proposed Labour policy to expand ULEZ across the UK.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/keir-starmer-scraps-plans-for-ulez-uk/
He, and no doubt his policy team, saw what happened in the Uxbridge By-election. They couldn't take the seat from the Conseravtives as the public dislike of the Labour mayors ULEZ policy was shown to be greater than the public dislike of Boris. Keir Starmer has seen the unpopularity of Londons ULEZ and is steering away from similar schemes, in public at least.

I don't know about anyone else but if one more thing costs me any more money I might as well go F*** myself right off... Things are too bloody hard as it is and every time I see shit like this I just wanna give up and sell pictures of my feet. Any takers?

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
More joy for London motorists now TFL plan to make you pay to use the Blackwell Tunnel apaprently to help fund another tunnel.

" Transport for London has confirmed it will be charging drivers who use the previously free route, which is used by thousands of motorists commuting into the capital from the South East. "

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
The ULEZ scheme has officially begun.

Khan has publicly stated that he'll be "on the right side of history"

Others are saying he's falsified his claims about air pollution.

Some are saying it's the start of Pay-Per Mile that will eventually roll out across the whole of the UK.

Whatever it is, whatever it may become, I suspect that pollies of all flavours are watching very, very closely.

4mastacker

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
The arrogant little sh!t was on the tv news at lunchtime. His minder must have been missing as he couldn't string his words together to make anything like a coherent sentence. Despite his denials, it is all about making money and ripping off the public.

Junter

LAC
I read last night that a chap who owed 11.5k in charges by going into the inner London ulez made a successful challenge at a tribunal. He argued that the ulez signs fail to give sufficient information with regards to how much drivers will be charged for entering the zone and are, therefore, unlawful. A tribunal ruled in his favour and the charges were cancelled. This sets a precedent and could mean that all the existing signs will have to be changed unless Khan can wangle his way around it.

Last edited:

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Not just London, Glasgow has one as well. If we head down from the wilds of Aberdeenshire we have to use my car as the wife's 1.6l Golf is apparently non-compliant. It'll just be a case of avoid anywhere they try to bill me extra to drive on top of what i've already paid for the priveledge.
I'm sure it's coming to Aberdeen as well, but that would be the death knell for a town center thats already on it's backside and full of vape shops, phone repair shops, charity shops and empty shops.
Glasgow has a LEZ but a wee bit different to London where it's ok to drive yer 'banger' in but pay £12.50 for the privilege. If you enter the Glasgow LEZ, with a non-compliant vehicle, there is a hefty fine. Which doubles on each subsequent infringement. £60/£120/£240 etc.