• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

UK researchers set out goals for Lunar Mission One

PingDit

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
UK led mission? Yeah, right. We're so experienced in space exploration I'm sure the rest of Europe will fall in behind us. Apparently, the really exciting part of this proposal is that one of the team will be carrying a drill and in return for a huge donation, you'll also get the opportunity to have some of your hair buried on the moon. Great. Thanks.
Can anyone see this lifting off?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-30344604

Kryten

Warrant Officer
I really hope it does - if I remember correctly the UK is the only country in the world to have put its own satellite (Prospero) into orbit, then walked away from the whole affair, so its about time we got back into the space race.

What interests me is the cries from people saying "its a scandalous waste of money" and "why are we doing this when the country is awash with food banks and rampant poverty"? FFS, its group funded - if you want to be involved, make a donation - otherwise don't!

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Has anyone else been following the antics and outputs of the Hubble telescope? The more I read the more I tend to think that we are just scratching around in a pointlessly tiny part of whatever we jusge to be a 'universe'. Hubble is currently sending back shots of universes so far away that using our current set of rules and laws about light and time shouldn't exist...the light the universe it was taking was receiving from our planet if readable wiould portray the Earth as being inhabited with very early forms of dinosaurs! It also claims there are more stars and planets out there than grains of sand on this entire planet!

Boy do I feel small...

Kryten

Warrant Officer
Has anyone else been following the antics and outputs of the Hubble telescope? The more I read the more I tend to think that we are just scratching around in a pointlessly tiny part of whatever we jusge to be a 'universe'. Hubble is currently sending back shots of universes so far away that using our current set of rules and laws about light and time shouldn't exist...the light the universe it was taking was receiving from our planet if readable wiould portray the Earth as being inhabited with very early forms of dinosaurs! It also claims there are more stars and planets out there than grains of sand on this entire planet!

Boy do I feel small...

That'll be the change in temperature.....:pDT_Xtremez_31:

G

Gord

I'd say we're more like parasites whose end game will result in destroying our host, and I'm not tree hugger but FFS.........