• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

UK Border Control?

Boarderlyne

Sergeant
I listened to that article as well. It was impressive that the cafe owner said that it was "bad people" that did not pay their taxes (take note Redknapp Snr). And that tax inspectors were the most highly respected face of the government. We should be taking lessons here.

The only thing that was not mentioned was tax breaks, but with a standard tax rate of 80%, I cannot imagine that there would be many of them.

firestorm

Warrant Officer
Listening to R4 last night on way home about the Swedish economy. It is bouyant...they have high levels of tax but get a lot back from it in terms of maternity, dental, healthcare, childcare assisstnace etc...They interview a lady working in a cafe and asked her 'What would you feel like if you weren't working and claiming money to help you?' and she instantly said 'ashamed!'

But isn't that diametrically opposed to what the condems want? Low tax, the state provides nothing, sort yourself out.

Odie

Sergeant
Where I now work my colleague is a Polish chap who speaks excellent, if heavily accented, English. He holds a Masters Degree in Engineering, that makes him much more educationally qualified than I am for doing the same job - I had experience on my side. He pays his income tax and NI into the coffers of this country. He has no intention of him and his family ever moving back to Poland. It's people like him that this country need, yet seem unable to provide from within.

As for those wasting their life at home watching Chav TV all day and waiting for the benefit cheque to arrive, cap their benefits in line with the national minimum wage (about £11,700 per adult per annum for a 37 hour week - before tax, NI, etc is taken out of it). Rather than give it in cash, use vouchers that cannot be exchanged for alcohol and tobacco products - they aren't a necessity in life, contrary to what many may think. The government should announce that all child benefit will be capped at 2 children per family, where those born after a date 9 months in the future into a family already having 2 or more children will not receive child benefit. That should make the feckless think about breeding just to generate money for beer and fags.

steve_k243

Sergeant
Where I now work my colleague is a Polish chap who speaks excellent, if heavily accented, English. He holds a Masters Degree in Engineering, that makes him much more educationally qualified than I am for doing the same job - I had experience on my side. He pays his income tax and NI into the coffers of this country. He has no intention of him and his family ever moving back to Poland. It's people like him that this country need, yet seem unable to provide from within. Maybe a scheme to encourage Universities/Colleges etc to offer more real world courses and dump large numbers of places on media studies-sports science-soaps studies-phsycology etc FFS just how many phsycologists do we need? This isn't California, we are mostly quite sane here! A country like this should not have to go overseas to find qualified people in all but the most extreme circumstances. Return tertiary education to a state of academic excellence for those with viable potential, not a 3-4 year gap between leaving school and the inevitable job for, as it appears 50+% of school leavers.

As for those wasting their life at home watching Chav TV all day and waiting for the benefit cheque to arrive, cap their benefits in line with the national minimum wage (about £11,700 per adult per annum for a 37 hour week - before tax, NI, etc is taken out of it). Rather than give it in cash, use vouchers that cannot be exchanged for alcohol and tobacco products - they aren't a necessity in life, contrary to what many may think. The government should announce that all child benefit will be capped at 2 children per family, where those born after a date 9 months in the future into a family already having 2 or more children will not receive child benefit. That should make the feckless think about breeding just to generate money for beer and fags.

Catch 22 here, any party in power will be reluctant to cut child benefits to the lower income earners or dolies.
They will quote, quite correctly IMHO that the child(s) wellbeing / safety will be at risk. The professional spongers know this. Vouchers however--excellent, but again how do you separate the sponger and the genuine claimant who may need cash to pay for interview travel etc. There should be different guidelines/standards for those that the DWP have identified as professional spongers and those actually seeking employment or disabled. I would bet though the HRA and EUSSR would prevent a 2 tier benefit system.