• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Trade Group 1 Financial Incentive

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
Heard a good rumour from the cleaner who's uncle works in ivory towers that TG1 SAC(T) and Chief Tech's are being put forward for a £30,000 FRI, anyone else heard his rumour?

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
You know, I’d heard the same thing but the amount was a little different. Somewhere around £3.00; just enough for a Greggs sausage roll :pDT_Xtremez_30:

chumpzilla

Sergeant
Strange! I also heard that with caveats that they are going to re-structure the entire officer cadre to be more streamlined in line with current requirements, so they are laying off hundreds of desk cleaners/tea makers from Air Command to accommodate the financial incentive.

Heard a good rumour from the cleaner who's uncle works in ivory towers that TG1 SAC(T) and Chief Tech's are being put forward for a £30,000 FRI, anyone else heard his rumour?
Hahaha 🤣 I know this is a rumour site but at least try to keep it believable 😆

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Webbo

Sergeant
There was an Engineering get together last week, apparently FRIs are being "looked into".................... however there is no money!!!!!!

Techie pay was also mooted............

Take from that what you will, on one hand someone wants to award FRIs and Techie pay but the money men are saying there's no money available.

All Trade Groups are on their @rse. :pDT_Xtremez_30::pDT_Xtremez_30:

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
There was an Engineering get together last week, apparently FRIs are being "looked into".................... however there is no money!!!!!!

Techie pay was also mooted............

Take from that what you will, on one hand someone wants to award FRIs and Techie pay but the money men are saying there's no money available.

All Trade Groups are on their @rse. :pDT_Xtremez_30::pDT_Xtremez_30:

AFPRB brief 6 months ago said they wanted techie pay but no money to make it happen!

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
They could move the armourers to Supp1. That would free up some cash. They have form for making rubbish decisions on matters like this 😂

kevster

LAC
Just heard on FB that the armourers trade score has been reviewed and they are now going to move up a tier with the rest of TG1
The armourers have been awarded a Whole Trade Score (WTS) in the range of those trades in Supplement 3 by the JSJET review panel. That's very different to actually being moved up to Supplement 3. All that is going to happen is a recommendation is to be made to have the original Supplement 2 grading reviewed. Time will tell as to what follows on from there; counting only hatched chickens is what really matters.

Remember, the RAF can take a 'management decision' to place a trade in any of the Supplements, irrespective of where their WTS lies, should it so wish. Hence the Regiment Gunners being placed in to Supplement 2 when their WTS had them firmly in the Supplement 1 range, for example.

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
Surely all this talk of pay rises is because of the apparent loss of the public sector pay cap! (but excluding the armed forces, I believe!)

So, like the Nurses, Firemen and Police you can have a rise - if you can afford it!

This also falls into line with more 'reductions' that, may I remind you, mean less hands = more work.

Digzster

Sergeant
That's all fake news! I have it on good accord (from the cleaner's uncle's step sister-in-laws cousin twice removed) that any and all spare cash is going to be put into a big raise in currently paid pensions to e-goaters whose name starts with "D". so there, it must be true! :pDT_Xtremez_30: