• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Top Gear goes ginga

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
They`ll have to have a woman.
Not because they`re a good presenter, not because they`re a good driver, but purely because they`re a woman.

The E & D driven society we live in will dictate a women (ladette hotty) and someone from an ethnic minority...just like any RAF recruiting leaflet cover picture...

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
Ha, Chris Evans! I knew the little weasel was protesting too much on his brekky show when he was being touted as a possible replacement for Jezzzaaaaaa.

Kryten

Warrant Officer
It will probably be a new, PC, Equal Opportunities and diverse Top Gear, with Chris Evans, Clare Balding and Richard Blackwood. Instead of japes and scrapes in cars, viewers will now be treated to such features as "How smelly is your air freshener" and "Diverse Star in a Very Cheap Car", followed by a weekly update on the Ginger One's Ferrari collection...

I shall be watching the last ever Clarkson, Hammond and May show on 28 June and then that's it - they have lost a viewer.

4everAD

Sergeant
Downsizer, i agree completely.

As much as I loved watching 3 middle aged men driving cars I'd love to own it was getting very 'samey'.

I for one will be watching to see where the format goes, after all TG before the 3 guys (<92 ish) was pretty lame so maybe this will be a good thing.

Obstinate

Obstinate

It will probably be a new, PC, Equal Opportunities and diverse Top Gear, with Chris Evans, Clare Balding and Richard Blackwood. Instead of japes and scrapes in cars, viewers will now be treated to such features as "How smelly is your air freshener" and "Diverse Star in a Very Cheap Car", followed by a weekly update on the Ginger One's Ferrari collection...

I shall be watching the last ever Clarkson, Hammond and May show on 28 June and then that's it - they have lost a viewer.

I like the way you have weighed up all the options, give the new show/presenters a chance to see what they can do and then deliberated over whether or not to watch in the future.

Oh, no, hold on, you have just decided that it definitely wont be for you. I guess if it actually turns out to be a half decent program you can always catch up on Dave.

Life moves on. Immutables don't.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
BBC cannot afford to let it wither and die, it needs to keep it's international audience to keep the money rolling in.

I've said before it was still watchable but staid, let's see where it goes.

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
The E & D driven society we live in will dictate a women (ladette hotty) and someone from an ethnic minority...just like any RAF recruiting leaflet cover picture...

If they can find a black Irish lesbian non-christian, they will pretty much tick all the boxes at once.... the other two presenters should, for balance, be one satan-worshipping neo-nazi and one anti-war tree-hugging athiest..

Late & Tired

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Don't really mind, just pleased the trio of primadonnas have left (even be it from falling on their swords in a bid to save face). I guess now the 'race' will be on to fund their pompous, overbearing personalities from another TV channel.
And I never got a Christmas card from them either...

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
I must admit I was never really a fan of Clarkson (too arrogant) but I did like the Hamster. Particulary after he returned to the same job after nearly dying - I'd have told them to foook riiiight off!

James May I wouldn't really notice whether he left or stayed, far too dull / no personality whatsoever.

Kryten

Warrant Officer
I like the way you have weighed up all the options, give the new show/presenters a chance to see what they can do and then deliberated over whether or not to watch in the future.

Oh, no, hold on, you have just decided that it definitely wont be for you. I guess if it actually turns out to be a half decent program you can always catch up on Dave.

Life moves on. Immutables don't.

I don't like Chris Evans. I don't like his personality, I don't like the fact that after saying "I won't host the show blah blah blah" he suddenly changes his mind. Like Chris Moyles I think he has a grossly over-inflated opinion of himself.
So even if it turns out to be the greatest show since Game of Thrones no, I will not be watching it.

And yes, despite the fact that the original trio were getting a bit stale, I thought the show as was still worked.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I don't like Chris Evans. I don't like his personality, I don't like the fact that after saying "I won't host the show blah blah blah" he suddenly changes his mind. Like Chris Moyles I think he has a grossly over-inflated opinion of himself.
So even if it turns out to be the greatest show since Game of Thrones no, I will not be watching it.

And yes, despite the fact that the original trio were getting a bit stale, I thought the show as was still worked.

Oy leave off Moyles! The R1 breakfast show has been properly sh1t since he left and that bellend Grimbo took the reins.

I think its worth a punt with Evans...he invented mainstream Lad TV with TFI and that is his style. The crux will be who he has to play with and bounce off for the show...everyone is used to 3 blokes and a bird might just spoil it...

(no offence to birds obviously)

Kryten

Warrant Officer
Vim, I always thought of you as more of a Radio 4 sort of chap......:pDT_Xtremez_19:

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
I must admit I was never really a fan of Clarkson (too arrogant) but I did like the Hamster. Particulary after he returned to the same job after nearly dying - I'd have told them to foook riiiight off!

James May I wouldn't really notice whether he left or stayed, far too dull / no personality whatsoever.

James Mays solo programs are a lot better than his contributions to top gear that's for sure.

But Hammond, nah can't stick the little pipsqeak. Trying to be too much like Clarkson and his supposed humour style consists

Entirely

Of

Slowing down

At the end

Of a

Sentence.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Vim, I always thought of you as more of a Radio 4 sort of chap......:pDT_Xtremez_19:

Well I am now since the R1 breakfast show was taken away from my age demographic... I am too young for R2, too not into classical music for R3 and R4 in short bursts or when interesting news is breaking.

I have only just discovered that I can get Rock FM for two thirds of my journey home now (hails from Lancashire)...possibly, aside from Pirate FM, the best commercial radio station I have ever checked out!