• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The worst camp I ever served at

T93

Sergeant
Btw sorry for slight derail but has anyone done a '' worst camp I ever served at'' thread ? did a search but couldnt find one.

I cannot comment about the "worst camp" thread. However, I can safely, without hesitation state that...Odiham was the worst for me.

Ok, I never actually worked on the unit (Met Office Bracknell/Reading) but was housed at said place (I had already PVRd previous from the accomm move from the Staff College to Odiham, but if I had not already....Odiham would have certainly clinched it for me.

What a craphole.

Stewie

SAC
The worst camp I ever served at

Following on from 'the best camp I ever served at thread' I thought there was a need for a worst camp thread, so here,s mine, Molesworth, I walked into MT one weds morning and was told to go and see the boss cos I was posted, great, where too ? germany, cyprus, hong kong ? no RAF Molesworth............................WTF ? dont think its there anymore, it was near thrapston in Cambs, there was nothing to do except paint things, spent more time in 748 store collecting paint than I care to remember, still on the plus side made some good mates so not all bad, whats yours then ?

Last edited:

AlienFB

SAC
Had some great postings over the years, been lucky.

However, currently Honington is prob the worst for me.

foxvc10

Corporal
Shawbury coz of the job I did there for 2 years.

Honington a very close 2nd. Three detachments there when it was the Thomas W**k Catching Unit.

Shuddering at the mere thought of it.

morse1001

Sergeant
Ascention Island, mainly because, we were commanded by a Pongo Officer, who did not know what he was doing. He sent me to the Comcen at St Georges Bay to 'give me experience' and he sent Smudge Smith Rsigs to get experience, he ended up with two very ****ed off people! Smudge was a Data Teleg and had little or no knowledge of radios. whereas I, had spent the vast majority of my time, out of comcens, with their back stabbing Tape Apes.

I was so happy to get off the Island, that I was ready to kiss the VC10 pilot, instead i kiss the F/Sgt WAAF Steward!

metimmee

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Worst: Wyton, returning from RAFG to a camp to a place that was dead between 1200 on a Friday to Mon morning; very depressing.
Best: Kinloss on my first tour, exotic dets, properly manned with an ace shift system, great social life with folk that wanted to party as a section without dispersing between shifts; happy days.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Lossie in the 1990s. Full of inbreds who knew nothing apart from the Moray Air Force. Job was p!ss poor as well - XV Fecking RESERVE Sqn.

Fortunately it was only for 16 months.

stingray888

Sergeant
Porteath, the pits, anything run by Scopies can never be any good. When I arrived I was told "This is the real Airforce". Yes most of them were deluded ar$eholes who hadn't seen an aircraft in years!

Shugster

Warrant Officer
A lot of votes for Honnington there... and with good reason TWCU was the worst ever in terms of constant work / backstabbing / groundcrew hating pilots...

It remains the worst RAF memory I have, (And I was at St. Athan!).

br9mp81

Corporal
Following on from 'the best camp I ever served at thread' I thought there was a need for a worst camp thread, so here,s mine, Molesworth, I walked into MT one weds morning and was told to go and see the boss cos I was posted, great, where too ? germany, cyprus, hong kong ? no RAF Molesworth............................WTF ? dont think its there anymore, it was near thrapston in Cambs, there was nothing to do except paint things, spent more time in 748 store collecting paint than I care to remember, still on the plus side made some good mates so not all bad, whats yours then ?

i was next door in the fire shed,with a fsgt who's idea of helping morale was to get us to wadpole 10mtr ladders, i can remeber one of the GEF lads running in shouting fire (one of the lorrys that came to dump yank rubbish was on fire) and the lads told him to stop taking the **** and **** off,on the plus side everyone worked and drank as one team,i still think the landlord of the dragoon cried when molesworth started winding down.

Stewie

SAC
i was next door in the fire shed,witd horse eeh a fsgt who's idea of helping morale was to get us to wadpole 10mtr ladders, i can remeber one of the GEF lads running in shouting fire (one of the lorrys that came to dump yank rubbish was on fire) and the lads told him to stop taking the **** and **** off,on the plus side everyone worked and drank as one team,i still think the landlord of the dragoon cried when molesworth started winding down.
Yeah I remeber the drag mate, every time we walked in we put this on
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuQXS-AP_to
kinda became the unofficial molesworth crew anthem, remember a lad from GEF called Ian lupton leaning against bar and moving aside to let the barmaid out and falling full length behind the bar only fools and horses stylee, never spilt a drop, good man :pDT_Xtremez_19:

Deano8123

LAC
Has to Be DRMC Headley Court 2003!! Accomadation was wank and there was only 10 singles in the blick mainly coppers!! rubbish!!
Bet it's abit more lively now though!:pDT_Xtremez_30: