• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Open Championship 2007

Soupdragon

Piermaster
i see the 18th at Carnoustie is wreaking havoc as usual for those in contention of the BIG one

Poor old Harrington made a right ricketts of it, Sergio finds the front greenside bunker... entertaining afternoon tho

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
Liked Mark James comment about the course... "Give you everything on the first 15, the last 3 want it all back....."

If Haringtons ball had been 1" to the left when it hit that post on the bridge, Mad Mo's eyes would have been smiling....

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
i see the 18th at Carnoustie is wreaking havoc as usual for those in contention of the BIG one

Poor old Harrington made a right ricketts of it, Sergio finds the front greenside bunker... entertaining afternoon tho

Well play-off just starting...should be good....

:pDT_Xtremez_09:

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Liked Mark James comment about the course... "Give you everything on the first 15, the last 3 want it all back....."

If Haringtons ball had been 1" to the left when it hit that post on the bridge, Mad Mo's eyes would have been smiling....

It certainly has been an epic last day, its had everything ! its so ironic how the 72 hole at Carnoustie has wreaked so many dreams.

I am going to enjoy the playoff who ever wins, at last we have ended the European major drought.

Realist78

Master of my destiny

I liked the bit where Mark James said that maybe the course designer had gone through a messy divorce prior to designing the last 3 holes.:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Northern Monkey

Corporal
It always seems to be that a lot of unknowns end up challenging. A few of the top 10 ive never heard of although i'm no golfing buff.
Thought Harrington was a bit negative on the last but i suppose you get the job done when your two clear.
Good to see a European winner!

Realist78

Master of my destiny
It always seems to be that a lot of unknowns end up challenging. A few of the top 10 ive never heard of although i'm no golfing buff.
Thought Harrington was a bit negative on the last but i suppose you get the job done when your two clear.
Good to see a European winner!

It wasn't negative. The 18th is a notoriously easy hole to screw up on. As you said, he was 2 clear so no reason for showboating with all the inherent danger. As for unknowns?? The winner, Sergio Garcia, Ernie Els?:pDT_Xtremez_28:

Northern Monkey

Corporal
It wasn't negative. The 18th is a notoriously easy hole to screw up on. As you said, he was 2 clear so no reason for showboating with all the inherent danger. As for unknowns?? The winner, Sergio Garcia, Ernie Els?:pDT_Xtremez_28:

1 Padraig HARRINGTON 18 -7
2 Sergio GARCIA 18 -7
3 Andres ROMERO 18 -6
T4 Richard GREEN 18 -5
T4 Ernie ELS 18 -5
T6 Hunter MAHAN 18 -4
T6 Stewart CINK 18 -4
T8 Ben CURTIS 18 -3
T8 Mike WEIR 18 -3
T8 KJ CHOI 18 -3

Harrington, Garcia, Els & Curtis (Former winner) fair enough.

Are the rest really contenders for every major, i think not.

I think he made the right choice with the 18th (as i would have) on this occasion. I said that already, and normally it would be a negative tactic.

Soupdragon

Piermaster
i reckon his caddie had had a word in his ear.. "listen Boss, your 2 shots up, its a par 4... cant see Sergio holing out in 2... take it easy, no dramas... jobs a good 'un"

fair play to both.. great finish to a great tournament

and i'll bet one hell of a party in Ireland tonight.. not that theyve ever needed an excuse..