• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The German Grand Prix

Any idea who the beeb have lined up for the team? I had heard Richard Hammond but with who?

I reckon Coulthard would shoehorn nicely into that smug git Brundle's shoes.

As long as they keep that heffer Clare Balding well away I will be happy.

And the adverts? Expect more as ITV wring the most amount of money possible out of advertisers before they lose that particular cash cow.

Big Lewis fan, but it is not over til the fat bird sings and the championship still has half a season to run, so not counting my chickens just yet. This is possibly the most wide open championship for years and that is a very good thing

Jimps

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
Well, if you dont mind me chucking my Kimi biased opinion into the fray?:pDT_Xtremez_15:
What on earth is going on in F1?
It appears that the drivers have forgotten to drive defensively when they have Hamilton behind them. See them all leap out of his way not bothering to take the inside line? I dont understand it.
Massa should get a rollocking for that and Kimi needs a good kick up the arse! What the hell is he playing at? Driving round at a slow pace until the safety car came out and then driving like a maniac and overtaking.
I think Lewis might take the crown this year, as much as it pains me to say it. Ferrari have lost their advantage and seem to be drifting without control at the moment.
The next track is a twisty-ish one and will suit McLaren and the next one after that is Valencia, a street circuit, which will also suit the McLaren.
With Kubica getting into the fray, I feel Kimi is losing too many points.

The comments about Jenson are unfair, face it, he's in a sh1t car which regularly struggles to break into Q2.
I hope next year he has either Alonso or Anthony Davidson as a partner and a good Brawn car under him.
I never wanted Alonso to go back to Renault, I would have liked to see him develop a lesser car and see how he could affect the team. I think he gets too much unfair press after his McLaren stint.

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
Well, if you dont mind me chucking my Kimi biased opinion into the fray?:pDT_Xtremez_15:
What on earth is going on in F1?
It appears that the drivers have forgotten to drive defensively when they have Hamilton behind them. See them all leap out of his way not bothering to take the inside line? I dont understand it.

Reminds me of the way everybody used to get out ot the way of some bod with a yellow helmet that used to drive a Mclaren (when they were red and white).:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Kimi needs a good kick up the arse!

Or to go on a good bender!cup of corrrfeee

I'm unable to do any intro stuff for Hungary, if anybody asks !(Holiday escape from CMU!)

Last edited:

Joe_90

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Talking about Kimi on a bender, anyone remember a few years ago when he binned it at Monaco and instead of going back to the garage he walked to his yacht and had a beer instead? I think he was coached well by Hakkinen to be as boring as possible in front of the camera so that his team mate takes up the advertising slack.

Studley dangerfcuk

Flight Sergeant
Jim PP

I saw on crash.net that they are looking to get Brundle to be the main presenter, with DC as commentaitor. Louise Goodman has been approached as well.

Studley :pDT_Xtremez_28:

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
I think he was coached well by Hakkinen to be as boring as possible in front of the camera so that his team mate takes up the advertising slack.

Well when MB talked to him on the grid he seemed his normal boring self.....and enjoying it.....was hard to shut him up !!

A good race which hopefully will lead to a close run thing at the end.

Crack on...................:pDT_Xtremez_09:

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
The comments about Jenson are unfair, face it, he's in a sh1t car which regularly struggles to break into Q2.
I hope next year he has either Alonso or Anthony Davidson as a partner and a good Brawn car under him.

Sure good point, perhaps 'in danger of slipping into mediocrity', would have been better.

I heard that Alonso was possibly being lined up to take Massa's place in the red cars next season. Now THAT would be something.

BTW, Off Topic settled into your new place yet, or still living out of boxes?

Last edited:

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
Sure good point, perhaps 'in danger of slipping into mediocrity', would have been better.

I heard that Alonso was possibly being lined up to take Massa's place in the red cars next season. Now THAT would be something.

BTW, Off Topic settled into your new place yet, or still living out of boxes?

Ordinarily I would say I shouldnt think so with the contract Massa has, but if this season is anything to judge Massa by, hmmmmmm, who knows?
I think Alonso will maybe stay at Renault until Kimi leaves Ferrari, he must like it at Renault to have gone back in the 1st place.
I just hope we see Anthony Davidson back next season, he is fantastically quick, often beating Schumacher when he was a test driver for Honda. The trouble is that most people never saw it on TV because most of his races were in the Super Aguri. Mind you, he did do bloody well in that car considering.

Off Topic Yep, settled in, most of the boxes are unpacked!:pDT_Xtremez_42: