• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The forthcoming Euro's

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I was born the year after England last won a knock-out game against germany.

Tonight feels pretty bloody good.
1966 I was 9 watched it in glorious black an white on my dads very small (by today's standard) TV:eek:

Yes tonight is a good night, I'm sure the rest of the United Kingdom is equally pleased that the last UK representative team have moved on to the next stage. Saturday 20:00 in Rome next on the slop chit Sweden or Ukraine.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I reckon England 1-0. Probably Cane will nick one in the 55th minute then they'll sit back and brick up the goals until the final whistle.

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
I reckon England 1-0. Probably Cane will nick one in the 55th minute then they'll sit back and brick up the goals until the final whistle.
Going to be tough. Looks like warm, humid weather around 25 deg in Rome that night according to BBC News 24. Could have a major bearing on how the game is played. Going to be a slow, tactical, attritional grind methinks (understandably)against Ukraine who cannot be written off.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
3-1 to England, Ukraine might drop to 10 men at some point.

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Who saw 4? Let us hope that tomorrow sees progression to the end.
Well I defo got that wrong :-O!! Think England can get to the final. But who would they rather play?? Spain or Italy?? Spain are the better footballing side BUT lack finishing firepower while Italy are a better all round side with qualified finishers such as Immoble. Personally I think England would rather play Spain as they can be subjugated with good defence. Italy has been the best all round side of the tournament so far IMHO and would pose the greater threat!!

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
A bit like the Scottish 0-0 victory over the English, getting to the Finals is a big enough win for me.

Got to get past the Danish yet and they will be playing with passion, we might squeeze a 2-1, even getting to the Semi Finals is result for me.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
A bit like the Scottish 0-0 victory over the English.
In the way of thinking unique to football fans if, and it's a big if, England win the whole thing some Scots are already happy with the thought that Scotland were the only team England couldn't beat. Scotland remember apparently became world champions in 1967 as the first team to beat the 1966 winners England.

Mystic TB says we squeak through against the Danes and lose a tense final against some foreign types with an atrocious piece of bad luck.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I watched Italy v Spain and it was played at an exhausting pace. I think either of them could do over England but of the two, based on last night, Spain would have been the better option as they seemed less able to finish…Sadly Italy got through.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Half time 1-1 Danes are playing really well, better than I expected, proper squeaky bum time. This is not over, could go either way. anxious, bit worried, oh yes.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Pickford looking more of a worry. He wasn't settled at all before the free kick and it went in a couple of feet from the centre of the goal. Also his clearances, of which he had too many to be fair, seemed frenetic.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
BBC or ITV for your viewing pleasure this evening? Me I'm going BBC no adverts and no Gary Neville.

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
BBC 1!! 1 - 0 Italy my prediction with lots of rolling around after sniper rifle fire from the crowd at the Italian players!!

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I think on the night the marginally better side won. We were pinned back in our half for lots of the game. Stirling quiet on the night and Kane, whilst winning a few free kicks, seemed quite slow.

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Good effort on the night although the early goal did mask deficiencies in class. Took Ferguson 5 years for Man Utd to win a trophy. Can't see England winning the WC but if they can continue to get to Semi-Finals and Finals that is success in itself. And at least you can get beyond the Group Stages......... :-D

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Gutted, but over 120 minutes the Italians created more and looked dangerous every time they got near our goal.

Apparently England have been practising penalties, and after the two Harrys absolutely buried their kicks where no keeper would evr save them, I thought we'd do it. Sadly, the three that followed produced three of the most appaling spot kicks I've seen in a long time. What they were practising when Maguire was practising smashing the camera in the top corner of the net is beyond me!