• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The forthcoming Euro's

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
So a year overdue the 2020 euro's have finally begun.
Firstly and more importantly than the game and the eventual winners is the hope of a speedy recovery of Denmark's Christian Eriksen. On the football front a mixed start for the home nations, in their first group games England win, Wales draw and Scotland lose.

Last edited:

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Cracking goal in the Scotland game, unfortunately not from Scotland.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Spain v Sweden was enough to put most casual viewers of roundball off watching games for good. I didn't catch the stats for possession but Spain must have had 80% of it at least whilst Sweden virtually built a brick wall in front of the goal and settled in for 96 mins of scrabbling defence to get a 0-0 result.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Football for me began a long slow death after euro 96 and now I really don't care. In fact I actively dislike most modern footballers.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
I think a lot of teams in these competitions play not to lose rather than playing to win, trying to frustrate other teams, not playing the game.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
I think a lot of teams in these competitions play not to lose rather than playing to win, trying to frustrate other teams, not playing the game.
Unsurprising when its a competition where you can qualify for being the 2nd worst side in your group.

Its ridiculous that France, Germany & Portugal are in one group, whilst other groups have the mighty Poland, Slovakia & Sweden, Switzerland, Wales & Turkey, Ukraine, Austria & Macedonia.

Someone's ballsed up the composition.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
England v Scotland 8pm today. Which song will sung long into the night "Yes sir I can boogie" or "Footballs coming home"?

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Most of these games have been mind-numbingly dull so far and England are in this category. Despite that I can't see the sweaties winning this unless England don't get off the bus. The jock striker with the blond hair the other night looked like a Sunday league player but less agile.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Five at the back for Scotland, for a team that needed a win why play for a draw.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Five at the back for Scotland, for a team that needed a win why play for a draw.
They didnt need a win in that game - they needed to avoid defeat. Plus it was their cup final.

A win against Croatia on Tuesday will see them qualify as one of the 4 best 3rd-placed teams. They'll face either Netherlands, Belgium or the winners of group E.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Some so called big names sent home early already Portugal, Holland and France all watching it on TV now. Tonight's big match at Wembley 17.00 England v Germany. Will it be fire and passion or dour safety first tippy, tappy, pass backwards, pass sideways, fear of losing rather than the hope of winning. Brown paper bags at the ready.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
The neutral / negative tactics in football in the last 20 years or so is the reason that I put my spectating money into ice hockey.

Faster, rougher and higher scoring than your average premiership game.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
I was born the year after England last won a knock-out game against germany.

Tonight feels pretty bloody good.