• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The end of winter cometh...

Kryten

Warrant Officer
With the rapid approach of spring just wondering if any Goaters on 2 wheels have any plans for epic ride outs this year?

I'm giving serious thought to a trip round the far north of Scotland - taking in Ullapool, John O Groat's and the surrounding area.

Anyone else planning a ride out this year?

With the rapid approach of spring just wondering if any Goaters on 2 wheels have any plans for epic ride outs this year?

I'm giving serious thought to a trip round the far north of Scotland - taking in Ullapool, John O Groat's and the surrounding area.

Anyone else planning a ride out this year?

Bucket list ride, down to fethiye turkey. On GS1200

Martin Blank

Sergeant
As part of the Armed Forces Bikers Charity I'm doing the AFB500, a 500 mile trip from the Manor Cafe Leyburn around Yorkshire, Lincolnshire,Northamptonshire and back on 16 July.
Followed by a run from Coningsby to John o'Groats down to Lands End and back to Coningsby covering 300 miles a day at the end of July strart of August.
Currently also planning if me and the mrs can do Route 66 on a big Harley for her 50th and our 25th next year..........

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
Nothing major - wife just passed her Cat A so will be getting out and about some, hopefully. Was planning for Ride To The Wall in October, but looks like I'll be on Det :(

Max Reheat

Resident Drunk
1000+ Posts
I'll be selling mine. I barely do 100 miles a year on it. When I get my gratuity might treat myself to a hog as I've never really got on with sports bikes. I'm too much of a fanny.

PraiseBacon

Sergeant
I'm considering joining the breast way round Scotland (http://www.breastwayround.com/) ride in May (500 miles over 3 days) - i've seen them the last couple of years up in the highlands and it looks a truck load of fun.. A long ride in great scenery, a few drinks in the evenings and about 60% of the participants being women - what more could you want!

Oh, and some funds for cancer research along the way ..

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
Nothing major - wife just passed her Cat A so will be getting out and about some, hopefully. Was planning for Ride To The Wall in October, but looks like I'll be on Det :(

Ignore my last comment - looks like I'll be spending a 6 month holiday on SHADER instead...
... I hate the manning desk....

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
You have my sympathies WB......

It's always the same mate, can never make any plans cos along comes the RAF hierarchy to feck it all up! (not my bosses, they're pretty good, it's the Ivory Towers lot that I've got it in for these days).

Had an all inclusive holiday booked and paid for since last year, planned for August, that's not getting binned. RTTW in October, now in the bin, Xmas in the bin. I don't mind going on det, but I only got pinged because I volunteered for a det next March. Think I'll keep my head down from now on - knowing my luck, they'll post me while I'm on det too!

Kryten

Warrant Officer
It's always the same mate, can never make any plans cos along comes the RAF hierarchy to feck it all up! (not my bosses, they're pretty good, it's the Ivory Towers lot that I've got it in for these days).

Had an all inclusive holiday booked and paid for since last year, planned for August, that's not getting binned. RTTW in October, now in the bin, Xmas in the bin. I don't mind going on det, but I only got pinged because I volunteered for a det next March. Think I'll keep my head down from now on - knowing my luck, they'll post me while I'm on det too!

Yeah.....I have to admit, I don't miss the kinda things you're talking about...I actually found out I was posted on my last det in 2004 as well.....