• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The end of Supply is nigh......

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I wouldn't worry too much, the initial contract is to take on the tri-service commodity items held by what was DSDA (now LCS) - by the time they realise what they've taken on and that they are losing money on the deal they won't have much appetite for the forward activities.....

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
You may read into this that after deaceds of cross service bickering over systems, standards, policies and priorities, someone hase just been tipped over the edge and outsourced it to the best vendor. Frankly, I'd do the same.

It's not the end of Supply. It IS the end of back end supply, though I fear for the technical trades.

Sniffer

Super Moderator
Well as long as it means I can fill my first aid kit without having to demand 100 triangle bandages and 50 eye pads because that's the D of Q, I will be happy! I dont think it is too much to ask!

Gonterseed

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Has anyone done the analysis to ensure that "Industry best practices" will be a suitable substitute for "Military best practices" ?

br9mp81

Corporal
whats left of the fire trade and defence fire is getting toward the end of the process,if it all goes to plan the only people left "in" will be aircrew.

BOWSER

LAC
long time since this thread started I know but !!! oh dear what have they done. don't think they fully understood what they took on

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
And from where I sit, the people who let the contract didn't have a scooby what LCS were taking on either or how far behind pre-existing MOD's best practices LCS were going to be...… Nor do they know how badly wrong LCS are getting some of it...….