• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

TG9-an outbreak of twisted sock

A

Arty Monitors

Oh dear oh dear oh dear, If the word on the bar is true, there seems to have been an outbreak of twisted sock in the TG9 junior ranks. Forget swine flu, Twisted Sock is now the biggest stopper for an OOA. The symptoms start with a JPA assignment order, quickly followed by bleating and crocodile tears. This will rapidly turns into a trip to the RMC where it can get even worse when it finally turns into a biff chit for twisted sock.

This will then spread by yet another JPA assignment order drafting the next person at short notice.

The phrase man up or get out springs to mind. Admittedly there are those who are genuinely biffed, but you want to know the weirdest thing about twisted sock? it clears up as soon as that nasty assignment order goes away.

TTF now.

the lovetoad

Sergeant
Subscriber
Have we just been stiffed to take a short notice trip away due to another lazy tw@ then???

Is it rife in the Junior ranks or just the one idividual that has pi$$ed you off?

FOMz

Warrant Officer
This doesn't surprise me one bit if true. Once again the servicable pick up the slack(ers).

W

What's the bloody point?

I am downgraded permanently to G3. Got the JPA greeting card, went OOA (well, Al Udeid!), now been told that the RAF won't sign me on due to my med cat because I am, wait for it, not able to deploy!

You couldn't make it up!

Whilst not defending the twisted sock person I think we should be thankful that it was not a case of manflu! As we all know chaps, that is a killer!

sooms

LAC
Not suprised.. seen it all before.

Best one recently here...

Medically downgraded
Never done a fitness test..
Exempt Gdr Cdr/ CCS...
Hasn't done an OOA for years..

Promoted to FS (FOM)

WTF?

I

insideinfoman

Oh how i'm glad i've left all this crap behind!

It never fails to amaze me that people get promoted that don't deserve it/medically downgraded/never passed a fitness test etc and are supposed to be leaders of men.......Rights Blogs you're going out of area, don't worry just pack the suncream and shorts, everything will be ok. Oh, if you need any advice just go and speak to the Sgt/Cpl/SAC* (*delete as applicable) for more info as I've never been away!!!!!

Others downgraded wanting to go but not being allowed due to some twerp at HW!! And somebody pulling a bad back etc I could go on but as I don't have to worry about it I won't but I think you get the idea.

Too many shirkers and skivers in the trade now, is it still 40% of FOM's (Sgt's)medically downgraded out of 140(ish)?

Rant over Aaahhhhhhhh :pDT_Xtremez_30:

T

TalkingBollix

If only it was just twisted sockitis (commonly known as glass back syndrome). It's is also compounded by the nasty habit folk have of wanting to have families so the girl FOAs get pregnant and can't be used until return from Mat lve and the boy FOAs get defered while the Mrs has the little bundle of joy. Not an issue in its self but it does lead to short notice fall downs. Condoms aren't for just stopping the spread of STIs so, if you are notified of a DWR put a bag on the little fella!! And then there's the Flt Cdrs that bleat about losing the manpower at home because the RAF have to support live Ops so more deferals are requested to deconflict manning problems at home units meaning another section/unit suffers by losing a bod they can ill afford to lose at even shorter notice. Classic one I heard is the Flt Cdr who asked for a deferal because although his section has 100 % of the establishment filled if he loses his cpl over the summer none of the other staff will be able to have leave!!! WTF - I hope someone educates this JO very soon.

No disrespect meant to anyone with a genuine need - and I include those who have babies or have one on the way. I know there are folk out there who are proper poorly and have real family welfare needs that merit preferential treatment. But there are too many who think that they should have PT but when they get told they don't have a case go to the Doc and get signed off sick instead.

As Arty Monitors says - Man Up people. Take your turn and ease the burden on the rest.

As for the promotion/Further Service issues - looks a bit inconsistent don't it but G3 didn't stop Whats the Bloody Point getting promoted and I suspect the FS FOM won't get signed on to Age nearly picking up a bus pass either. However, Whats the Bloody Point - have you considered asking your Chf Clk to ask HW to review your case as you have a limited fitness to deploy - don't whine about it - take positive action.

:pDT_Xtremez_25:

T

TalkingBollix

WTBP - just had another thought - are you temp or perm downgraded. If temp all you need to do to get signed on is pass IMLC TMT2 and get the doc to upgrade you to A4G2Z1 or better when you are well enough. When you get upgraded you'll probably have to get your PFOM to promt the drafter at HW to book you on the courses if you haven't done them, then when you are substantive on JPA (which takes ages for some reason) the FS offer should come along in it's own sweet time. If you are already substantive the Chf Clk (or one of his people) will just need to ask HW to send out the FS offer when you have been upgraded.

A

Arty Monitors

I heard a whisper today, this twisted sock rate may be as high as 2/3's of JNCO's, can it really be that high? So what is it? Lack of Moral Fibre in the JNCO cadre? people being too precious because they all want to go and lay about sunbathing in Seeb, rather than go to the 'Stan? or is it just that they are a uniformed version of the 'on the sick' culture thats blighting the country; all because they can't be flippin arsed to maintain their fitness and CCS currency are just happy to have an easy life taking home a good wage each month. The third that are covering the dets, I applaud you, the rest who are swinging the lead - are not worthy to lick the sand off their boots.

B

BRUFEN BOY

I heard a whisper today, this twisted sock rate may be as high as 2/3's of JNCO's, can it really be that high? So what is it? Lack of Moral Fibre in the JNCO cadre? people being too precious because they all want to go and lay about sunbathing in Seeb, rather than go to the 'Stan? or is it just that they are a uniformed version of the 'on the sick' culture thats blighting the country; all because they can't be flippin arsed to maintain their fitness and CCS currency are just happy to have an easy life taking home a good wage each month. The third that are covering the dets, I applaud you, the rest who are swinging the lead - are not worthy to lick the sand off their boots.

The rate for the Service, both temporary and permament is between 10-12 %.

FOMz

Warrant Officer
You've got the average figures for the RAF as a whole, so what is the figure for TG9 Cpls then?

B

BRUFEN BOY

You've got the average figures for the RAF as a whole, so what is the figure for TG9 Cpls then?

They fall into the Service average. There is no indications that JNCOs in TG 9 are higher than average.

The trades with highest downgraded rate are those with high numbers of women - pregnancy being the main cause.

W

What's the bloody point?

WTBP - just had another thought - are you temp or perm downgraded. If temp all you need to do to get signed on is pass IMLC TMT2 and get the doc to upgrade you to A4G2Z1 or better when you are well enough. When you get upgraded you'll probably have to get your PFOM to promt the drafter at HW to book you on the courses if you haven't done them, then when you are substantive on JPA (which takes ages for some reason) the FS offer should come along in it's own sweet time. If you are already substantive the Chf Clk (or one of his people) will just need to ask HW to send out the FS offer when you have been upgraded.

Didn't notice this earlier so I apologise if I may have seemed to have been avoiding the issue.

I have done both TMT2 and IMLC. Am now substantive but will not be offered further service unless being upgraded (obviously) to G2. This will not be likely as my medical condition precludes this. I was promoted before any of the medical issues were as serious as it turned out to be.

I was not bleating about not being signed on, merely highlighting the irony of being told I was not able to be signed on because of a med cat which would prevent me being deployed. The very same med cat that had not prevented me from being OOA at the time!

I invite anyone to challenge my commitment to the cause as long as I am excused boots to carry out any challenge!

That is all.

FOMz

Warrant Officer
They fall into the Service average. There is no indications that JNCOs in TG 9 are higher than average.

The trades with highest downgraded rate are those with high numbers of women - pregnancy being the main cause.

You must be a politician, they way you avoided answering that. So I'll keep asking in a Jeremy Paxman style..... what is the figure for TG9 Cpls then?

M

Mooster27

the boy FOAs get defered while the Mrs has the little bundle of joy.

Never heard this before, two of my friends got OOA call ups when their missus were pregnant, and were due back days before baby due date. One lass had their baby 2 days after hubby got home!