• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Supplement 2 of 4 it is then

Gonterseed

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Cpl is OR4 so tg4 cpl will get between 30k and 32k ish

AH, so it's core pay = level 2 plus supplement level 2 = 4 (probably just as well I'm not a shiny type) but that is still a few grand below where the norm should be for a "proper" ICT technician grade.

With shift work and a bit of overtime working most civvie techies I know (those who can do install or maintenance) will make £35-40K and get a reasonable car + mileage, or car allowance + mileage, in a non supervisory role. Help desk type jobs (at team leader/supervisor level) are usually under £30K.

There again, the evaluation between civvie/service jobs might take into account that most help-desk people have a degree in media studies or gardening while a lot of real techies "only" have BTECH or NVQ.

I have to admit that I always say that if I had my time again I would still join up but I don't think it would be the same response if I was in now and someone asked me the same question in 30 years time.

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
:pDT_Xtremez_28:ABSOLUTELY FRACKING AWESOME:pDT_Xtremez_28:..................... AND TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where did it go??????????????????????

StickyFingers

Sergeant
Well...

Seems that the levels I posted all those months ago wasn't too far off the mark.

And to think we all recieved an E-mail saying that it wasn't gen.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I'm sure the renaming of the trade for marketing purposes will help recruitment and retention though.

StickyFingers

Sergeant
This episode of The Chase reminds me of the first day of Tg4:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3408455/Is-worst-game-contestant-Viewers-left-outraged-woman-Chase-contributed-MINUS-1-000-won-prize.html

Peanuts come over bringing a negative impact to the trade.

They walk off with a big bonus hanging off the backs of the more qualified guys.

Until now....

I thought we had a positive impact on the trade, that's why we got a pay rise? What with being able to type faster and stamp straighter than our fuse-swapping cousins?!

I'd heard that the pay guys have finally realised that all the TG3 guys did was stare at radars and tug each other off up Mount Kent. Hence Supp 2.

StickyFingers

Sergeant
I thought we had a positive impact on the trade, that's why we got a pay rise? What with being able to type faster and stamp straighter than our fuse-swapping cousins?!

I'd heard that the pay guys have finally realised that all the TG3 guys did was stare at radars and tug each other off up Mount Kent. Hence Supp 2.

You should try a mountain tour, it's not that bad.

I'll do your iHub job and you can go up to one of the radars.

Oh no, you can't do my job can you?

Still get paid the same though.

Xchen

LAC
Not too sure how we have ended up in sup 2. At my location we're still working down to component level, repairing tracks on PCB's and attending the associated courses at Sealand.......

Correct me if i'm wrong but that is more technical than the work some of the AV Techs carry out........

hugo_a_go_go

Corporal
Not too sure how we have ended up in sup 2. At my location we're still working down to component level, repairing tracks on PCB's and attending the associated courses at Sealand.......

Correct me if i'm wrong but that is more technical than the work some of the AV Techs carry out........

Taking slots off TG4 now on aircraft also