• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Supplement 2 of 4 it is then

ScoobTech

Sergeant
With a Job Evaluation score of just over 300, TG4 have been put into supplement 2 on the new pay model.

Looks like marking time is back to say hello in 2016.

Might not mean that, one of the briefs I heard was that no one in the RAF will be above suppliment 2 anyway. Those top 2 being reserved for likes of Submariners and SF etc.

4everAD

Sergeant
If that's true then that's great news it's the highest we could have hoped for, as previously mentioned the top level was always reserved for NCO aircrew/SF and the like.

Might not mean that, one of the briefs I heard was that no one in the RAF will be above suppliment 2 anyway. Those top 2 being reserved for likes of Submariners and SF etc.

Misinformed brief maybe? There will be a few RAF trades mixing it up in supplement 3 and just army air corps in supplement 4 (understandable). TG4 will miss out on supplement 3 by only a handful of places but miss out all the same.

Doesnt start till April 16 though so won't have an immediate effect.

ScoobTech

Sergeant
Basic pay for Other Ranks will be the same across all services and trades as per the officers, your whole trade score will determine which level of supplement your trade will be on, there will be some loosers and some winners. Also there should be no flip flopping between pay bands on promotion now, as you will stay on that supplement for your whole career.

I am also curious as to were this mystical info has come from, as I have not seen anything released on the intranet yet. As 2015DIB/08 26 Mar 15 says it won't be ready until after the General Election.

Last edited:

unruly1986

Sergeant
If you are going to drop a rumour like that on here then please put it into some sort of context or substantiate it with a reference...

i.e. Were we expecting to do better? does this mean we are on the lowest pay band? Have we shat out?

If you are going to drop a rumour like that on here then please put it into some sort of context or substantiate it with a reference...

i.e. Were we expecting to do better? does this mean we are on the lowest pay band? Have we shat out?

LOL. Why oh why did you think TG4 would be up there with the techies! You is funny! Haha

techie_tubby

Warrant Officer
LOL. Why oh why did you think TG4 would be up there with the techies! You is funny! Haha

If it's scored on trades that directly allow shiny pointy things to get in the air then we should be given the same supplements as TG1 seeing as TG4 is now directly embedded in aircraft flying.

If it's scored on trades that directly allow shiny pointy things to get in the air then we should be given the same supplements as TG1 seeing as TG4 is now directly embedded in aircraft flying.

Granted a small part of it is responsible to getting those pointy things home. Pre TG4 my job was higher pay than civvie st. Looking at that job now the RAF wage is now £10-15 grand behind the curve (even allowing for pay freeze etc) thats a big difference. Do you know why? Because in civvie st your still working to component level and not just reporting to a contractor and thats why TG4 doesnt deserve a higher position.

ScoobTech

Sergeant
If it is true no doubt the biggest impact would be all those people we have sitting around in I-Hubs managing information, before computers that used to be the role of the TG17 clerks in registeries. It would be ironic if they ended up higher than we did.

chumpzilla

Sergeant
Anyway, let's face it, they can't give a pay cut..... Looks like I might be marking time until I leave! :pDT_Xtremez_42:

Digzster

Sergeant
Just looking at this thread and trying to work it out reinforces why I left.

Talk about making things difficult.

Martin Blank

Sergeant
Off Topic So back on topic....
Where did you find this info.....
Can we all read it.....
And is it just about TG4 or ALL TG's.....