• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Supplement 2 of 4 it is then

chumpzilla

Sergeant
Dunno, but I can't see Av's taking a pay cut for promotion to FS, especially if they are to get reds and greens.

Fair point. But I don't think it would be a pay cut.... More of a slimmer pay rise with "opportunity" to go beyond LOS32 (for Chiefs?) for a *ahem* fruitful career

Service before self and all that jazz (said with tongue firmly lodged in cheek)

chumpzilla

Sergeant
Like I said, not knowledgeable about the whole TG1 world... Just realistic in what I see and perceive to be the future of how the service is going. Some might take the bait. Most won't I imagine

Gilbert

LAC
If those tables are true, I'd definitely be glad I stuck to my guns in the AFCO when the careers guy wanted me to join as a Mech instead of AV.

Be paid more to sit on my ass in the tea bar whilst the Mechs on my current squadron have a trade diary which is 3 times as busy? Sure why not.

Still, I guess I better save what I can. I won't get anything when I leave, maybe a bag of sweets and a bus ride home.

4everAD

Sergeant
Don't forget one of the objectives of this review was to do away with things like flip flopping on promotion between high and low pay bands so my understanding is every rank in your trade will be on the same supplement.

4everAD

Sergeant
Quite, but when CT ATMs and ATAvs get promoted to FS they "remuster" to AEngTech, so are in effect different trades. You shouldn't have FSs of the same trade doing the same jobs paid different supplements.
Right, thanks for the clarification wasn't aware of that.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
Works for me. It's the fairies that keep the Typhoon from being little more than a brick with very sh1t aerodynamics....

That and we aren't know as 'St-avionics' for nothing when the Rigpigs have gone down to Trade Cover by 2200 and most of us fairies are still in past 0100 on a night shift......fishing for a bitefishing for a bitefishing for a bitefishing for a bite

Puma

SAC
Works for me. It's the fairies that keep the Typhoon from being little more than a brick with very sh1t aerodynamics....

That and we aren't know as 'St-avionics' for nothing when the Rigpigs have gone down to Trade Cover by 2200 and most of us fairies are still in past 0100 on a night shift......fishing for a bitefishing for a bitefishing for a bitefishing for a bite

You've caught one!

How does it take you till 0100 to keep replacing black boxes until it works again?????

chumpzilla

Sergeant

Apparently you lot spend lots of time in the crew room so maybe time management training may need to be administered:pDT_Xtremez_07:

What do the GSS (tg4 lads) do?

You've caught one!

How does it take you till 0100 to keep replacing black boxes until it works again?????

Says the muppet that takes over a year to be taught how to spot a leak. I honestly have no idea how they manage to teach you lot such difficult fault finding skills in such a short time. Being able to physically see where the oil or fuel is leaking from makes narrowing down the cause of the fault so much more difficult than with electrickery.

Riggers, if they had more than two brain cells their extra long arms would make them dangerous!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
You've caught one!

It's a bit more complicated than that, sometimes we have to shine a torch down a fibre optic and see if light comes out the other end........:pDT_Xtremez_16:

Puma

SAC
Says the muppet that takes over a year to be taught how to spot a leak. I honestly have no idea how they manage to teach you lot such difficult fault finding skills in such a short time. Being able to physically see where the oil or fuel is leaking from makes narrowing down the cause of the fault so much more difficult than with electrickery.

Riggers, if they had more than two brain cells their extra long arms would make them dangerous!

Touche, but hey without riggers most fairies wouldn't get past the panel.....

techie_tubby

Warrant Officer
Yea without Faries the Typhoon won't fly but without GSS the Fairies can't get new kit to replace the broken stuff. Ultimately GSS is the Eng lynch pin to the entire Typhoon airframe.

Yea without Faries the Typhoon won't fly but without GSS the Fairies can't get new kit to replace the broken stuff. Ultimately GSS is the Eng lynch pin to the entire Typhoon airframe.

My paper 700 whilst on QRA suggests otherwise, plus it's AV's who've had to be put in charge of GSS up at ISL so that it's actually compliant with MAA standards

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
It appears that the AV/Mechanical pay split rumour is gaining ground. I hear briefings have been held near Kings Lynn anybody confirm or deny?

Reset our XP & ESS passwords.....:pDT_Xtremez_42::pDT_Xtremez_07:
Its all about retention, not reward. If the majority of TG4 has become admin then comparable civvie wages will be low and the bosses wont care if you stay or go (easily replaced). Ask yourself does it cost more to train an AV and are the wages better on the other side?

techie_tubby

Warrant Officer
My paper 700 whilst on QRA suggests otherwise, plus it's AV's who've had to be put in charge of GSS up at ISL so that it's actually compliant with MAA standards

That's weird all this time I thought my boss was an Eng CE Flt Cdr. I'm glad you cleared that up for me.