• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Success with 6S

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
6S started out as 4S.

Then 'we' westerners got hold of it and "improved" it - much to the mirth of the Japanese who, when told of the 5th addition, questioned its validity as if your doing the first four the 5th is not needed.

The UK MOD then added the 6th - safety. Again, in the real world, if your doing the first lot you shouldn't need the last. So I suppose there's no Japanese word attached to it yet?

...I suppose thats 'continuous improvement' for you...though I dont think the ethos is supposed to mean 'movement without meaning'.

Cornish_Pikey

Sergeant
If you've been in the RAF for more than ten minutes, you'll realise that we were actually doing 6s on the quiet all along.

We have friday afternoon tidy ups, hangars with neatly parked ground equipment in marked slots, we even have tool stores with coloured shapes that match the tools that should be there.

We generally only have the tools that are needed in each workplace.

With the realisation of CI we now have an entire section of around 20 people on most stations that are no longer productive and go around running events to improve the 'workers' productivity.

Each event usually lasts two weeks and can involve at least ten people. That adds up to over 200 lost days of productive work on each station per year. Does saving ten minutes per day in 'waste activities' ever going to make up for the lost time??????????

Realist78

Master of my destiny
If you've been in the RAF for more than ten minutes, you'll realise that we were actually doing 6s on the quiet all along.

We have friday afternoon tidy ups, hangars with neatly parked ground equipment in marked slots, we even have tool stores with coloured shapes that match the tools that should be there.

We generally only have the tools that are needed in each workplace.

With the realisation of CI we now have an entire section of around 20 people on most stations that are no longer productive and go around running events to improve the 'workers' productivity.

Each event usually lasts two weeks and can involve at least ten people. That adds up to over 200 lost days of productive work on each station per year. Does saving ten minutes per day in 'waste activities' ever going to make up for the lost time??????????

Some mighty size broadbrush used for that opinion.

mmmm your not talking about a unit that does a continuous improvement event that chops post's only to place them on their Team and if you listen to them its the big i am ..............