• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should Pets be allowed in the workplace?

Should Pets be allowed in the workplace?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • No.

Votes: 33 67.3%
  • I am an officer and have no opinion.

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
A guy at saints used to bring his Golden lab in every saturday, we worked in a structures bay FFS and every weekend he would have her following him around like a second shadow over a floor covered in swarf and rivet tails ! :pDT_Xtremez_42:

He was the bleeding chargehand too !! :pDT_Xtremez_17:

PingDit

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Got a couple of problems with this one; dogs called '******' (that won't be too pc),
and my horse can't get through the high-tech security turnstile!

:pDT_Xtremez_06:

Oracle

LAC
Surely its the circumstances that would dictate,

Own office and sitting/sleeping quietly in corner not bothering anyone not much of a problem.

Shared office then the views of others should be considered.

Noisy / aggressive / over friendly / sh***s everywhere / Shags anything that moves, it may not be appropriate.

Overall the animals welfare should be consisered is being cooped up in an office any different to being cooped up at home?

However the snake in the corner may keep many unwelcome visitors out of the office

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Had a boss once who brought in is pair of long haired labs in the office, they would generally shyt everywhere and he'd expect them to be walked, never did it myself and the piles of digested food were always there ready for when he got back.

To be honest if the guy wasn't such a tossr I might have helped out, but he was so I didn't.

Don't mind animals in the office myself but I always find you're made to feel like a right git if you object.

There's a QR out there that mentions that personnel should not carry out Krap like walking bosses dogs and such like.

Mug?

Flight Sergeant
Not very professional

Not very professional

Cant believe people think this is alright?

I have had a few people turn up to my old places of work followed by some scruffy mutt and they cant understand when you tell them to get it outside.

"oh he's okay he doesnt bite..."

I don't care! they are smelly hairy and get in the way.

All this about if you have your own office etc is rubbish too.

roverboy

Trekkie Nerd
Had a boss once who brought in is pair of long haired labs in the office, they would generally shyt everywhere and he'd expect them to be walked, never did it myself and the piles of digested food were always there ready for when he got back.

To be honest if the guy wasn't such a tossr I might have helped out, but he was so I didn't.

Don't mind animals in the office myself but I always find you're made to feel like a right git if you object.

There's a QR out there that mentions that personnel should not carry out Krap like walking bosses dogs and such like.

Which one mate? One of our birds who has to PA for our Wg Cmdr is expected to walk his mutt.

On the office issue, if you can't smoke in your office (even if you're the sole occupant) you should n't be able to store your pet there. Subjecting others who are allergic to pets is the same as subjecting them to smoke in my opinion.

W

Wonky Tonka

It's even got to the point where one of the civvies in our place has his dog(s) in his office.

Mind you, he has put a nice little note on his door informing us of the fact, and to "wait before told to enter".

Begs the question, why is that?
Are the muts going to (a) escape, or (b) maul people as they enter the office??

Time and place for everything.

K

Kernow

It's even got to the point where one of the civvies in our place has his dog(s) in his office.

Mind you, he has put a nice little note on his door informing us of the fact, and to "wait before told to enter".

Begs the question, why is that?
Are the muts going to (a) escape, or (b) maul people as they enter the office??

Time and place for everything.

Is the guy a leckie, in which case maybe he has to get dressed again first. Could also be a power trip, trying to make himself feel important by getting people to wait until called.

Dogs (pets in general) should not be allowed in the workplace. The name gives it away slightly. Anyone brings their mutt in here has it kicked!

JAFAD666

Flight Sergeant
Ooooh yes lets allow strays ... ill treated door mice, and change the bloody name to R.spca.AF ... FFS ... Behave ... admittedly some crewrooms are a zoo but NO, no pets in the workplace.

EDIT: Section tropical fish tank ... maybe

Last edited:
W

Wonky Tonka

..... but NO, no pets in the workplace.

EDIT: Section tropical fish tank ... maybe

not forgetting 14 Sqn's snake..........mind you as he's several feet long, you ain't likely to miss him!!

Rosco151

LAC
I'm fine with my boss' dog in the office. Just so long as she doesn't go making me look like I'm doing a bad job or something... Maybe I should work out an agreement or something, 3 bonio's a week to guarantee that she doesn't upstage me...