• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should Pets be allowed in the workplace?

Should Pets be allowed in the workplace?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • No.

Votes: 33 67.3%
  • I am an officer and have no opinion.

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
S

Shark Boy

Should pets be allowed to be brought into the workplace?

D

Dark Angel

yes

yes

We have a civilian Eng clerk in our office who brings her Staffie to work with her and we have no problems. As long as people are given a chance to object, the animal is well behaved and warning signs are put up for visitors I can't see why not.

roverboy

Trekkie Nerd
Like you say, as long as everyone has had a chance to object, there's no problem. However, I definately would object. Our Wg Cmdr brings his dog into work and expects his PA to walk the f@cker!! Sod that. Aircrew used to bring dogs to QRA and expect us to walk them if they had to scramble. Again - sod that.

What about pets in accomodation? A Flt Sgt used to have a dog in his room at Leeming which wasn't a problem - but it did become a problem when he brought the smelly flea infested mutt into the bar.

F

FairyGoodGuy

NO, NO, NO, NO, NOT AND ESPECIALLY NOT IF YOU ARE A ZOB... Why should you be able to bring your dog into work if you have stripes on your shoulder is beyond me.... Can you imagine the look on your FS' face if you pitched up to work on the sqn with your kanine friend !!!!!

A

Albert Park

No. It's a place of work.

If you feel the need to bring your pet to work then you shouldn't have it in the first place.

rugby then work

Cider Drinker
I don't think pets should be allowed in the workplace full stop, there was a controller in Brize Radar (many moons ago) who always brought his dogs in on night shift, stinky mutt used to leave hairs all over the approach room. Being allergic to dogs I used to refuse to go up there when he was on shift which used to cause a few problems when I was the only Radar tech on shift and the ACR was down.

B

Bluntend

NO, NO, NO, NO, NOT AND ESPECIALLY NOT IF YOU ARE A ZOB... Why should you be able to bring your dog into work if you have stripes on your shoulder is beyond me.... Can you imagine the look on your FS' face if you pitched up to work on the sqn with your kanine friend !!!!!

Perhaps because most zobs have an office where their dog could be left out of the way. If the dog sleeps in the corner and doesn't cause a fuss, what's the problem? If your working conditions allow it, I don't see the issue.

Besides, I've seen enough people bring their bitch to a Sqn function, why not to work?

:pDT_Xtremez_09:

wolfy

Warrant Officer
Its definate no. Whilst those with pets when they join may have problems getting them looked after which is tough. The ones that pi$$ me off are those that get them after joining up and expect to be allowed to bring them in!!

B

Bluntend

Ok, what about those people who bring their kids to work?

2nd Outsider

Trekkie Nerd
In some circumstances - say if the person who normally looks after the animal cannot, then I can see no reason why pets can't be brought to work as a one off.

Every day though is not acceptable

C

Cat of Shadows

That's Bars old chap, not stripes.
Stripes are for the other ranks don't you know!! :pDT_Xtremez_28:

And for the record as a Zob, NO NO NO, I hate it. Especially at the moment where I am on an Army Unit; its goes hand in hand here with Officers going out gear Mk 5 of purple cords and Ralph Lauren button collar shirt.............aaaarrgggghhhh!!!

Last edited:

roverboy

Trekkie Nerd
In some circumstances - say if the person who normally looks after the animal cannot, then I can see no reason why pets can't be brought to work as a one off.

Every day though is not acceptable

I'll bring my cats in then and let them sh!t in every corner.

G

gemarriott

we've got enough sh1t producers in the workp lace already without adding to the problem:pDT_Xtremez_32:

No!

If you wanna work with Dogs, become a fookin Vet or a Snowdrop (Then you can sit an w**k them off all day!)

How about I bring in my pet skunk or giraffe... If you can't cope with a dog that you keep at home, you should have thought about it before!

What is this a frikin Zoo?

NO NO NO

:pDT_Xtremez_14:

W

Wonky Tonka

Ok, what about those people who bring their kids to work?

Why would you take your kids to work with you?

Granted, I've had to nip in to the office with the kids in tow, usually after a phone call from the boss to pop in and sign something, but I wouldn't bring them to work on a regular basis.

Anytime I've had to do it, I made sure they stayed beside me and didn't go fiddling with the kites!