• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shaheen Star

Anyone been to minhad on a shaheen star as opposed to a DWR? Just after the usual info, accom, wifi, allowed of base, etc.

I'm assuming its largely separate from the ooa and ALOC types?

SirSaltyHelmet

Thoroughly Nice Chap
DS what dates you here? I am going to be doing a fair bit of work at Minhad.

Have they given you a brief on phones?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
DS what dates you here? I am going to be doing a fair bit of work at Minhad.

Have they given you a brief on phones?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Not said anything about phones dude, wanna elaborate?

Gilbert

LAC
Just got back from a stint at Minhad.

During July and August months no short sleeve dress, (Some Aussie rule apparently to protect agaisnt sunburn)

The Locals don't allow phones on base which have cameras, so be sure not to get caught with one when leaving/entering camp. (Work issued, basic phones are ok)

Its a Dry det, the Aussie mess is fantastic I thought and the two gyms are good too.

There is free wifi on camp, part of your arrivals is to go see the Aussie ICT guys who run the wifi on Brit Camp and Aussie Camp.

Ramadan is now over so you can eat/drink during daylight hours infront of the locals instead of being confined to Brit Camp/Aussie Mess/Aussie Coffee Shop/Place of work.

The Yank Camp has a small BX which has all the usual stuff, 17 cent cans of Mountain Dew to Ipads/Ipad Minis etc.

I found the Accomodation ok, laundry service great (24 hour turn around) and the facilities on Brit Camp more than adequate.

I managed to get off base a few times, just after I left they had stopped off base trips due to some Navy idiots getting drunk off camp. But I'm sure that will go back to normal soon.

The "quiet room" has a map and directions on how to get to all the touristy bits of Dubai.

:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Dan_Brown

Sergeant
The Locals don't allow phones on base which have cameras, so be sure not to get caught with one when leaving/entering camp. (Work issued, basic phones are ok)

smart phones are fine on camp, just not off base.

There is free wifi on camp, part of your arrivals is to go see the Aussie ICT guys who run the wifi on Brit Camp and Aussie Camp

this is provided as a favour from the Aus due to the crap welfare in place - however the Aus wifi is very good and more than makes up for the lack of internet paradigm should be providing (more phones don't work than do and there are no terminals unless you fancy a trip to the phf)
I found the Accomodation ok, laundry service great (24 hour turn around) and the facilities on Brit Camp more than adequate.

accommodation is tight, 3 to a small room, but South Park is due to open soon, so more spae IF it eventually opens!

I managed to get off base a few times, just after I left they had stopped off base trips due to some Navy idiots getting drunk off camp. But I'm sure that will go back to normal soon

if you are talking about the last few weeks it is nothing to do with the navy why off base travel was banned for a while.

The "quiet room" has a map and directions on how to get to all the touristy bits of Dubai

it is now 'inbound' areas as oppose to 'out of bounds' areas ie you 'should' not be going exploring as previous, but stick to the approved list of venues.

Minhad still isn't the same tempo as Ops, but it certainly isn't the holiday it once was.