• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sgt Duane 'Baz' Barwood - Basrah Feb 08

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
_44463350_barwood_203.jpg

Sgt Duane 'Baz' Barwood

Sgt Duane 'Baz' Barwood was killed after a rocket attack on his base in Basra, southern Iraq, and leaves behind a wife and two daughters.​

Rest In Peace

News Links

Last edited:

radrob

Corporal
I never had the honour of meeting this fine chap but I feel deep sadness at his passing and my thoughts are with his family at this sad and difficult time.
Proud to be in the same force as this fellah - RIP mate.

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
First met Baz as a member of A Flt, 37 Sqn RAF Regt out in Bruggen in 1989. Great down to earth guy who had all the time in the world for anyone who crossed his path. Still have the old notebook with the scores on the doors from our old 'Nom' school which he could have been better at. Don't worry pal, I don't hold it against you.. Sleep tight.

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
I never knew him, but judging from the posts on here, he must have been a really good bloke.

My deepest sympathies to family and friends.

R.I.P.:pDT_Xtremez_26:

Shanester

LAC
I was out in Basrah from Oct 07 till Feb 08 working with ERAS and I did a few jobs with Baz as the crane driver. My deepest sympathy goes out to his family and friends.

RIP Baz!

D

dpmcalister

I knew Baz from when he worked with my wife at Innsworth and only found out about his death this morning. My thoughts are with his wife and daughters :(

W

wozzawarhead

I served with Baz out there. Use to chat about his Regiment days in the shower room.

He was a good bloke and well respected throughout Trenchard lines.

Good bloke, sorely missed

D

deianbreed

baz the "the man that can"

baz the "the man that can"

I knew Baz from when he worked with my wife at Innsworth and only found out about his death this morning. My thoughts are with his wife and daughters :(
I met Baz when i got postsed to RAF Lokcking for my trade training and on the first day of meeting the man that was "baz" as im sure alot of TCO's and techie's that did the time at Locking will all tell you he was the man that can. anything in any place he could get it (the dell boy of the RAF) so all you guys that read this know this one thing begounet''s (sorry if i spelt it wrong) in gibraltar. respect and never forgotten. god bless the family and country he died fighting for. RIP Big Fella from all of Tac Comms Wing (TCO150 RAF LOCKING) Sleep tight big fella. Taff 104