• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Retention bonus for Marines

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Way I see it every day you spend in after your 22 year point you are kinda paying the RAF to stay in. You are not collecting your pension you're not contributing towards a new one (This goes double for FTRS and their crazy pay rules). Not having a pop any anyone who chooses to stay in, its a comfortable life and I'm not against signing on if that is what is best for me and my family. As for the step change to the way you are treated, that's just disappointing and anyone who treated me different at my current rank to my next one I would discard immediately.
Well the pension and lump sum will stop you claiming any benefits for a bit.

Quagmire

LAC
What have you done to guarantee that your new pension scheme doesn't do a Maxwell or lose all its value ?
I didn't go to work for Maxwell. Company scheme is with a major pension provider - all goes out at source, MD not involved.

Anything else you are the SME on?

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
I didn't go to work for Maxwell. Company scheme is with a major pension provider - all goes out at source, MD not involved.

Anything else you are the SME on?
I hope your pension is safe.

I wonder how many people have been sucked in ?

As for SME - quite a few things actually.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
It’s nice to have the 75 money rolling in every month, but it’s also annoying because of the tax, especially once you start to get a proper wage coming in.

The Mirror Group issue, where Maxwell was allowed to do what whatever he wanted with the pension pot, shouldnt happen any more, I’d like to call the people who have been scammed, as above, stupid but theyre not, just naive and lacking a bit of thought. The system should have stopped this happening, however, when it does, people then complain that’s its their money. My Dad lost quite a few quid on those property bonds despite me warning him off, he loved the glossy brochures and wouldn’t be told. Scammers and shyster are well trained in what they do, people get suckered in and even the brightest folk sometimes get caught out.

Anyway the good thing about pensions is that for every £100 of my own money up to 10% of basic, I have £200 added to my pension and £40 less in tax to pay.