• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Religious acceptance? Pah!

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
They are brain washed and almost Neanderthal in comparison to the general population of the developed world.

Really? Do we really have such short memories?

When did lynchings etc really stop occurring in the southern US States?

And it's just Muslims eh? What about the things currently going on in the predominantly Christian Uganda?

What makes me laugh most about this kind of faux outrage on here, is many of the same posters have probably advocated the reintroduction of capital punishment in the Uk in other threads.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
The fact is, in the civilised world they have stopped, and Uganda isn't even in the same ballpark.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Quite surprised to see two overtly racist comments on a public forum.

This isn't about Muslims in general it's about one situation in one location, anyway she's got two years after the birth before the sentence is carried out so plenty of time to abscond.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Toonman

SAC
Really? Do we really have such short memories?

When did lynchings etc really stop occurring in the southern US States?

And it's just Muslims eh? What about the things currently going on in the predominantly Christian Uganda?

What makes me laugh most about this kind of faux outrage on here, is many of the same posters have probably advocated the reintroduction of capital punishment in the Uk in other threads.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

There are crimes that I think deserve capital punishment but not getting married to a person of another religion.

Flybynight

Flight Sergeant

This isn't about Muslims in general it's about one situation in one location, anyway she's got two years after the birth before the sentence is carried out so plenty of time to abscond.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

So it's racism to criticise the behaviour of a particular country, e.g. Uganda, because its inhabitants are racially different, is it? We'd better all keep quiet and be good. There's some very muddled thinking there...

And it's downright crass to suggest the lady has plenty of time to abscond. How would she be able to do that? I hope that wasn't an attempt at cynical humour, which these days passes for satire. Some might find that racist.

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts

It's my opinion - you can call it racist if you want and hide behind that generic label, but I don't have to. If it were christians or sikh's, I would have the same opinion.

Lot's and lot's of totally innocent dead people - lots and lots of stupid people who think it's a good idea - one cause - one religion.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
So it's racism to criticise the behaviour of a particular country, e.g. Uganda, because its inhabitants are racially different, is it? We'd better all keep quiet and be good. There's some very muddled thinking there...

And it's downright crass to suggest the lady has plenty of time to abscond. How would she be able to do that? I hope that wasn't an attempt at cynical humour, which these days passes for satire. Some might find that racist.

I think you're looking at the wrong posts, it's the two previous to the two previous (how dare other people post whilst I'm predictive texting).

If you were looking at those posts then we'll have to disagree, I take people as I find them because we're all different in one way or another, I try not to pigeon hole people just because of one characteristic or another.

Flybynight

Flight Sergeant
I think you're looking at the wrong posts, it's the two previous to the two previous (how dare other people post whilst I'm predictive texting).

If you were looking at those posts then we'll have to disagree, I take people as I find them because we're all different in one way or another, I try not to pigeon hole people just because of one characteristic or another.

You're right about the wrong texts and I do disagree. The Stevenics post is not racist, I suggest, Moslems belong to all races. OK it's pigeon-holing but Stevenics is right to suggest that there is a major problem which most Moslems don't want to address. Spearmint's word 'Neanderthal' can be misunderstood and therefore perhaps is unfortunate. But it's obvious in context that he's talking in a commonly accepted colloquial way about an attitude not a race.

This sort of nit-picking takes us Off Topic away from the poor woman whose fate gave rise to this thread...

Teh Wal

Flight Sergeant
They are brain washed...
I think followers of virtually any religion are by its very nature "brainwashed" to a certain degree and in some religions are bullied and terrorised into doing the right thing. What I simply cannot get my head around is the belief that their god would want all non-believers killed! I thought it was restricted to the types of fundamental extremists that carried out 9/11, 7/7, etc, etc, but this instance gives the impression that "religious murder" is an accepted part of life.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
Well the actual definition of Racism is the belief that your own Race / Culture to be superior than another.

Seeing as we moved on from condeming people to death for the minimal of indiscretions several hundred years ago whilst certain religious populations haven't.............

Flybynight

Flight Sergeant
Well the actual definition of Racism is the belief that your own Race / Culture to be superior than another.

Seeing as we moved on from condeming people to death for the minimal of indiscretions several hundred years ago whilst certain religious populations haven't.............

One's racism and the other's culturalism, surely? Whatever's the case, going around pointing the figure at perceived 'isms' (I mention no screen names) is very dodgy. As Obi-wan Kenobi (not the Goater) says in SW Episode III, "only the Sith deal in absolutes".

[If Anakin Skywalker had been a Goater he would never have become Darth Vader. Discuss.]

FOGHORN LEGHORN

Sergeant
I'm religious and have reached an age where I choose to be so. My own choice. I have not been brainwashed. I also don't see myself as the same as any other Christian, but then I don't see myself as anyone else as I am an individual. I decide what I do and don't do. I find some comments by those whose beliefs are different to mine as being arrogant. I have no problem with other peoples perspective but some comments on the subject of religion are just disrespectful.

I've said it before on this forum; if you take comfort from blaming everything bad in the world on religion you are IMO missing the point that evil people will use any way possible to influence others. Money, land, oil, politics the list is endless. It's not religion, it's people that are the problem. Tainting people of any faith with the same brush does not sit well with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Very, very few brainwashed people are able to recognise that it has happened to them.

sausage2

Decorated war hero
Administrator
1000+ Posts
Personally I find all religions as absurd as the next. How people in this day in age can believe in a mystical sky daddy is beyond my comprehesion. Religions are only good for causing friction. Get rid of them all and people would get on far better.

FOGHORN LEGHORN

Sergeant
So end religion and so begins world peace? Do you really honestly believe that everything bad in the world comes down to religion? I'm not going to judge you mind. I'm above that. The brainwash argument is understandable. As for the mystical sky daddy comment... Fella live and let live. Nobody is forcing you to go to church. Get on with your life and respect other peoples opinions however different they are from yours. IMO the problems in the world are much more to do with not respecting other people be it culture, race, religion, creed, accent, language, sexual preference, politics, football team etc etc etc. there are millions out there that use their religion as a reason to disrespect. I know that. But my interpretation of my religion does not disrespect or exclude anyone. Nobody can tell me differently as it is my own interpretation which I reflect upon all the time and I am happy with. Me as an individual.