• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Red Arrows reveal new Union flag tail design

br9mp81

Corporal
given the **** state of the world at the moment,and bears ****ting in the nato air defence zone,imho air defence gray and a couple of sidewinders would be more use.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
A way of putting them (Dead Sparrows) back into the Publics view to encourage a, "You can't do that!" backlash when SDSR15 announces the possibility of this golden goose getting its neck snapped......?

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Haven't they recently flown with a new livery?

Last year

From the OP's link "A special one-off design was also created last year to mark the team's 50th display season"

norfolkred1

Sergeant
Whoop de fcking do. More bloody waste on the sponsored flying club. Tally ho chaps keep up the rear guard while we're away on a sunshine holiday.

br9mp81

Corporal
standby,for incoming" its all paid for by/and does so much for british defence industry" message.

briggfairy

Sergeant
aaah good the typical red arrows thread, no matter what the OP posts it degenerates into bitter anger and resentment against a decent posting within 5 posts.

I actually quite like the new design, nicely patriotic something which this country is often very poor at doing

gray

Sergeant
aaah good the typical red arrows thread, no matter what the OP posts it degenerates into bitter anger and resentment against a decent posting within 5 posts.

I actually quite like the new design, nicely patriotic something which this country is often very poor at doing

Quite agree - flies the Flag (Literally :) )

G

Gord

Methinks it would be better placed on the tails of a few aircraft suitable for use on the new aircraft carriers they are making for the RN. Those things are a f*ckin' joke, not that we don't need them but to build them and not have any aircraft to deploy from them means they are probably the biggest tennis courts afloat. Move over Wimbledon.

firestorm

Warrant Officer
Perhaps put the design on the tail of a few typhoons for the inevitable Bear PR shot? :pDT_Xtremez_30:

Digzster

Sergeant
I'd like to see the cost breakdown - design / paintjob etc.

I suppose the planes didn't go to a defence contractor for the work to be done gratis?

briggfairy

Sergeant
I'd like to see the cost breakdown - design / paintjob etc.

I suppose the planes didn't go to a defence contractor for the work to be done gratis?

they normally use the painters from cranwell as there isn't any at scampton, I can't imagine it took much extra work as it's not overly different from before, the red white and blue stripes are still there its just that the blue now has a bit of extra red and white on it