• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RAF Police Continual Vandalism Of Private Cars

So it has been going on for years, and different RAF Police sections at various stations have different procedures on dishing out disciplinary action on individuals that park their cars in undesignated places such as on double yellow lines. Now while I feel that the RAF Police should have the power to apprehend individuals that continually break the rules/law, I do disagree with some of their methods.

Firstly,they use big yellow stickers which get put on your windscreen and tends to be on the drivers side. These are very difficult to get off and has lead to personnel left with scratches on their windscreen in the process of removing them. This to me is vandalism as any form of intentional damage by a person on your car is vandalism. Also, if that service personnel has just left his block for work and just found that sticker on his car, he or she may not have time to remove it so will get in their car and attempt to drive to work with an obscured view due to some dumb RAF Police coppers actions, therefore raising the chance of a fatal collision.

Also I have witnessed many police cars or SWOs team park up next to a car parked illegally to vandalise it with a sticker, so in the process they break the law themselves. Who is policing the RAF Police and SWO's teams when they illegally park their vehicle?

Dan_Brown

Sergeant
Don't want a ticket? Don't park where you KNOW you shouldn't.

Can someone take his crayons away please?

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
I have absolutely no issue with tickets being issued for illegal parking. Its selfish, and in some cases downright dangerous. There is always a reason why vehicles are not allowed to be parked in a particular area.

The only issue that I have ever had with illegal parking was that, unlike civvy street, the punishment or level of further action for parking illegally on base appeared to be dependant on the rank of the vehicle owner.

Munkey

LAC
Not seeing what the problem is to be fair.

I've removed vehicles in the past by way of forklift/recovery vehicle when they've been parked in the wrong place, so a label on the windscreen is minor.

chiprafp

Geek Scuffer
So it has been going on for years, and different RAF Police sections at various stations have different procedures on dishing out disciplinary action on individuals that park their cars in undesignated places such as on double yellow lines. Now while I feel that the RAF Police should have the power to apprehend individuals that continually break the rules/law, I do disagree with some of their methods.

Firstly,they use big yellow stickers which get put on your windscreen and tends to be on the drivers side. These are very difficult to get off and has lead to personnel left with scratches on their windscreen in the process of removing them. This to me is vandalism as any form of intentional damage by a person on your car is vandalism. Also, if that service personnel has just left his block for work and just found that sticker on his car, he or she may not have time to remove it so will get in their car and attempt to drive to work with an obscured view due to some dumb RAF Police coppers actions, therefore raising the chance of a fatal collision.

Also I have witnessed many police cars or SWOs team park up next to a car parked illegally to vandalise it with a sticker, so in the process they break the law themselves. Who is policing the RAF Police and SWO's teams when they illegally park their vehicle?
I was going to make a reasoned reply to you then remembered what the entirety of your posting so far has consisted of so instead all I will say is ............. Cockwomble!

PraiseBacon

Sergeant
I think I've come to the conclusion that the OP is really little more than a joke account, set up by some saddo to see how many people he can get to bite while making ever more inane and moaning posts.

Nobody could, in reality, be as much of a sad act at the OP - so it has to be just someone having a laugh..

That said, I'm looking forward seeing what minor irritant gets blown out of all proportion for comic effect tomorrow

insty66

Corporal
Is this ILLBW alter ego? the dark yang to Brucey boys shining love of rule regulations and enforcement thereof?

Coz if he's serious he's in the wrong job.

Wobbly_Jon

Corporal
Seems that the OP has little else to do except whinge on about the minor irks in service life. S#!t happens in service life and in real life so get very it.

needsabiggerfuse

Flight Sergeant
Seems that the OP has little else to do except whinge on about the minor irks in service life. S#!t happens in service life and in real life so get very it.

The trouble is, he sets 'em up and we knock 'em down. I must admit it's getting boring though, a bit like the OP.

FOMz

Warrant Officer
He does make a valid point though (despite bleating like a big gurls blouse) maybe this has in fact happened to the OP and maybe he can furnish us with the details of what he did to chase down said vandal and claim compensation for damage to his windscreen...?

Or he could just bleat in cyberspace.....

But whilst on the subjects of Feds and parking, when will the ones at a secret AT base in Oxfordshire wake up to the apparently abandoned car parked directly opposite mirror technician central and no more than 50 yards from copper control in one of the busiest car parks on camp. Surely the thick caked in crap all over it and the fact it hasn't apparently moved in months might be a hint? :pDT_Xtremez_14:

chiprafp

Geek Scuffer
He does make a valid point though (despite bleating like a big gurls blouse) maybe this has in fact happened to the OP and maybe he can furnish us with the details of what he did to chase down said vandal and claim compensation for damage to his windscreen...?

Or he could just bleat in cyberspace.....

But whilst on the subjects of Feds and parking, when will the ones at a secret AT base in Oxfordshire wake up to the apparently abandoned car parked directly opposite mirror technician central and no more than 50 yards from copper control in one of the busiest car parks on camp. Surely the thick caked in crap all over it and the fact it hasn't apparently moved in months might be a hint? :pDT_Xtremez_14:
Firstly he doesn't make a valid point! Scratched windscreen from removing a tickets adhesive absolute load of bollocks! Hot soapy water is all that's required, if someone decides to use an implement of some sort then that's their fault.

Abandoned cars last time I looked were the domain of the SWO so try talking to him instead of blaming who you think you should because that's the easier option.

Ps happy to help

Kryten

Warrant Officer
So far the OP has complained about (in no particular order)

• Saluting officers
  • The perceived advantage of MQs over Singley blocks
  • JRM at BZN
  • Use of the word "Ma'am"
  • Getting a sticker on his windscreen

Perhaps a sweepstake is required to guess what the next whinging bolleaux thread will be.....some suggestions:

• "Why does the RAF insist on blue uniforms in this age of multi-culturalism and diversity"?
  • "Why should I as a fully qualified tradesman have to do Guard Duties"?
  • "Life as a singley living in the block makes you so bitter as you get older"...

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
When I first left the mob in the 90s I worked as a sort of bouncer at the Commie pool in Edinburgh just for fun. We used to do the same stunt on ppl who parked in the disabled slots, and really it was one of the most satisfying jobs I ever had...got all sorts of crap for it (so obv I cycled in)

Ronsuddes

SAC
When I first left the mob in the 90s I worked as a sort of bouncer at the Commie pool in Edinburgh just for fun. We used to do the same stunt on ppl who parked in the disabled slots, and really it was one of the most satisfying jobs I ever had...got all sorts of crap for it (so obv I cycled in)

Universities do the same thing with massive really sticky stickers.

needsabiggerfuse

Flight Sergeant
Universities do the same thing with massive really sticky stickers.

Yes. Some feckin' jobsworth did mine. I was helping a colleague who was heavily preggers, I had a big annotated/stamped label in my windscreen to say so, but the tawt still stuck me, "... it's not the correct permit ...". Smarmy cnut. He wasn't laughing quite so hard when I sprayed it with de-icer and his handiwork slipped off.

Firstly he doesn't make a valid point! Scratched windscreen from removing a tickets adhesive absolute load of bollocks! Hot soapy water is all that's required, if someone decides to use an implement of some sort then that's their fault.

Abandoned cars last time I looked were the domain of the SWO so try talking to him instead of blaming who you think you should because that's the easier option.

Ps happy to help

What. So you think that it is perfectly acceptable to attach something to someones car that will require hot, soapy water to get off? How about I go cover your car in yellow stickers and watch you get them off. You will only need hot, soapy water. I am sure you carry bottles of the stuff with you. You should get the council ones that are lined very thinly with a little bit of adhesive which come off very easily and do not require hot soapy water. Also do your stickers come with advice to airmen to use hot soapy water to remove? Also, what about a flyer style notice tucked behind a wiper? That would leave no damage to a car?

It is not acceptable for police and SWOs teams to vandalise peoples property with stickers!

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
What. So you think that it is perfectly acceptable to attach something to someones car that will require hot, soapy water to get off? How about I go cover your car in yellow stickers and watch you get them off. You will only need hot, soapy water. I am sure you carry bottles of the stuff with you. You should get the council ones that are lined very thinly with a little bit of adhesive which come off very easily and do not require hot soapy water. Also do your stickers come with advice to airmen to use hot soapy water to remove? Also, what about a flyer style notice tucked behind a wiper? That would leave no damage to a car?

It is not acceptable for police and SWOs teams to vandalise peoples property with stickers!

I'm sure the the civvy police ones need a lot of elbow grease to remove. The ones saying don't move this car, car not taxed.

Here's a little tip. Why don't you park your car in the right place, keep it registered taxed insured. Keep your room clean. Wear your hair short. Smile when you salute officers knowing you're just as good as them.