• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RAF Firefighter

B

blue_eyed_girl

Hiya.
Could anybody tell me, if you can, what the actual daily routine of a RAF Firefighter is, I have heard a little about the job role (that its boring, you don't do anything, sit on ya' bum all day, never attend any fires etc), is all that true or is it actually an ok trade to go into?

Just wondering

:pDT_Xtremez_26:

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
Hiya.
Could anybody tell me, if you can, what the actual daily routine of a RAF Firefighter is, I have heard a little about the job role (that its boring, you don't do anything, sit on ya' bum all day, never attend any fires etc), is all that true or is it actually an ok trade to go into?

Just wondering

:pDT_Xtremez_26:

What do firefighters do in civvy street? Check kit, do mundane tasks around the fire station, training, maybe put out fires if there are any. Civvy's however have a large area of responsiblity and idoits torching cars. RAF Firemen do all the mundane stuff but don't tend to get those everday jobs very often on an RAF base. They do react to aircraft emergencies and have been known to actually fight major aircraft fires (seen two, after crashes in 22 years). However, chip pan fires in local quarters is the favourite!!

As a job, It isn't Blue Watch (but then again what real firemans job would be?)

Last edited:

kerrang

LAC
7.30- 10.00 Washing Fire Trucks
10.00- 10.30 T- Break
10.30 - 11-30 Training Videos ( This week: Fireman Sam and the Naughty Cat).
11.30- 12.00 Sqn Feeder (Pie Chips Beans Bread and Butter)
12.30- 1300 Sqn Feeder #2 ( Salad Gotta watch my figure Y'Know)
13.00-16.30 Volleyball
16.30- 1700 Changing String Vest and Blue boots at stores.
17.00 Night all

:pDT_Xtremez_27:

B

blue_eyed_girl

Thats something.
I applied to be a civillian Firefighter and i know everything about it and it sounds amazing and is the perfect job for me but i think i need more life experience before i go into the fire service therefore i am joining the RAF, wanted to be in RAF before Firefighter but i want Firefighter more, I am applying as an Air Maintenance Mechanic but i was considering RAF Firefighter but have been advised not to as it is suppose to be boring with nothing much to do.
Would love to be a Firefighter though, absolutely love it.

:pDT_Xtremez_30:

B

blue_eyed_girl

7.30- 10.00 Washing Fire Trucks
10.00- 10.30 T- Break
10.30 - 11-30 Training Videos ( This week: Fireman Sam and the Naughty Cat).
11.30- 12.00 Sqn Feeder (Pie Chips Beans Bread and Butter)
12.30- 1300 Sqn Feeder #2 ( Salad Gotta watch my figure Y'Know)
13.00-16.30 Volleyball
16.30- 1700 Changing String Vest and Blue boots at stores.
17.00 Night all

:pDT_Xtremez_27:

Lol so i was told right with boring i guess

:pDT_Xtremez_42:

Cake or Death

Flight Sergeant
dont bother become an AMM then aleast you can become a gods trade rigger/sootie(sootie really). other wise you will have to every week teaching techies on how to put out a fire, with the fire tetrohedran(spelt wrong for our pet rescue friends), you have to either, cool, smother, something else, or the bigone stop the chemical chain reaction!!!!! as you can see we take no notice cos we are to feckin busy keeping the RAF flying.

Hope this helps in your carrer choice.

Ie become a techie, preferable a heavie (but love engines more than airframe[as they are gay]) and then bang out when you have had enough, and then if you must become a primo firefighting to$$er and go on strike cos you dont get paid enough (£13000-£300000) and let us do the work cos we get paid the same. well the choice is yours.

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
dont bother become an AMM then aleast you can become a gods trade rigger/sootie(sootie really). other wise you will have to every week teaching techies on how to put out a fire, with the fire tetrohedran(spelt wrong for our pet rescue friends), you have to either, cool, smother, something else, or the bigone stop the chemical chain reaction!!!!! as you can see we take no notice cos we are to feckin busy keeping the RAF flying.

Hope this helps in your carrer choice.

Ie become a techie, preferable a heavie (but love engines more than airframe[as they are gay]) and then bang out when you have had enough, and then if you must become a primo firefighting to$$er and go on strike cos you dont get paid enough (£13000-£300000) and let us do the work cos we get paid the same. well the choice is yours.

The best thing about becoming a techie is that English does not have to be your first language. :pDT_Xtremez_30:

M

monobrow

The best thing about becoming a techie is that English does not have to be your first language. :pDT_Xtremez_30:

Hell, they let me be a techie with a D GCSE English....

Don't have to be able to write a flowing peice of prose to be one of the finest tradesmen.....

Cake or Death

Flight Sergeant
cheers mono i owe you one there. PS im ****ing dyslexic you **** and take offence. (phone the EU BAY and i will buy beer) oh and i did put in brackets that i spelt Tetrahedron wrong. you mong. plus im am suffering from the mist of fosters which dont help, TBJ you idiot think before you post speak to ILLBW, you will be able to right the wrong of the airforce with him. join up and be a techie, one of the finest, you cant go wrong.

Last edited:
M

monobrow

woah woah woah easy tiger!!!

Think this thread would be best left to skevans and firestorm (being the two firemen on here....)

No-one has really answered on what a firefighter does yet..... and that was the question.

Cake or Death

Flight Sergeant
apologie taken TBJ i also wear glasses. i also apologise for being uber punchy. sorry damn beer

in answer to fireman question. They replace the break glass (in louis) at the bar when ****s break one for getting barrred for breaking one earlyer. Knob heads. Also due to being called pet resuce they save cats that are stuck up trees!

P

pie sandwich

Unless they have changed the rules then I doubt you can become a RAF firefighter due to the fact your a lass and I think its still one of the few trades in the RAF that is blokes only.

W

Wing boy

Unless they have changed the rules then I doubt you can become a RAF firefighter due to the fact your a lass and I think its still one of the few trades in the RAF that is blokes only.

You be wrong with that nowadays. Lasses can and do become firepeeps. but I thought the lass in question wanted to be aircrew. What happened?

M

mumof4

You be wrong with that nowadays. Lasses can and do become firepeeps. but I thought the lass in question wanted to be aircrew. What happened?

Very true there Wing boy, i happened to be at the time married to a firefighter when the first female joined the firefighters, had to pass if you know what i mean!!:pDT_Xtremez_35:

G

grumpyoldb

..........But girls don't play volleyball..........they only play netball!!!
Would be interesting to see her in the mess in her string vest though.:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
..........But girls don't play volleyball..........they only play netball!!!
Would be interesting to see her in the mess in her string vest though.:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Now that's a good thought to start the day! :pDT_Xtremez_30: