• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pull A Tornado......

M

monobrow

Mono if youve got the station photog their get a good pic of you all with the Tornado complete with nose and I shall see how far I can get the pic published for you.

Speaking to the CRO (or MCO as the title now is...)

We'll have....

• BBC
  • ITV
  • Local Paper x2
  • Local Radio (they're bigger than we are)
  • BFBS Radio 1
  • BFBS TV
  • Station Photog
  • Us and our microphone!!

Gonna be a media frenzy and there will be a massive amount of coverage regionally, but with the BBC, more likely nationally on the Comic Relief program! They have already been in touch with me about covering it with looking to putting it on tomorrows program!

So c'mon! get ya wallets out! It's happening tomorrow!!!! (click on me signature)

M

Mrs_Monobrow

Sounds good, now i just have to figure out how to avoid all the media so i dont appear on the news!!!

I lied to my boss to get the day off!!!! :pDT_Xtremez_08:

S

shoutingwind

wow mono i'm very impressed, if i see you i'm crating you from LR!!!!

M

monobrow

wow mono i'm very impressed, if i see you i'm crating you from LR!!!!

Well, I think next months wages will be spent on cratings..... So anyone want to donate me a fiver for the "feed the mini-mono's" fund?

M

Mrs_Monobrow

If i get spotted and get the sack as well, we will need all the help we can get! LOL!

:pDT_Xtremez_15:

M

monobrow

I'll just comb some hair down from the brow... no-one will see me face then!

M

monobrow

Right, been on the blower to BFBS Radio 1, BFBS Radio 2 and BFBS Radio in Northern Ireland.....

They're all getting a slice of the pie and by the sounds of it, I'll be doing 3 Radio interviews by phone!

Keep your ears peeled Shouty!

And it means this lass now has my mobile number ::D:

heidi_secker200.jpg

So, that'll be a night in the doghouse for me when Mrs_M reads it, so hopefully this will all be worth it for a good cause!

(add the missus getting sacked and a months wages on slabs! Ohhh and something about pulling a Tornado!)

M

monobrow

Managed to fire up the scanner for something that arrived today.....

A picture of the "Big Red Nose"!!!!

Apologies for the lack of quality. The ol' scanner is getting on a bit!!!!

Last edited:
M

Mrs_Monobrow

So todays the day!

Any last minute sponsors???????? :pDT_Xtremez_28:

Come on goaters. Thanks to all who have sponsored already but i thought the response would have been better than what we had! Please please please help us reach our target!

:pDT_Xtremez_19:

M

monobrow

Well it's done!

Not at home, but I'll post some pics when I get in (and I'll get the ones off the photogs)

Pulled it 300 meters! With a 4 ft Red Nose sat on the pitot tube! :pDT_Xtremez_30:

Not too late to donate though.... Click the link in my sig............

FOMz

Warrant Officer
So are we going to have to endure yer 'boat race' on the TV tonight then Mono? :pDT_Xtremez_30:

M

monobrow

Well the BBC were there!!! (think I counted 4 cameras and 3 video cameras....)

Not to mention the BBC guy forgot his tripod. Leaving it in the middle of a taxiway wasn't the brightest thing to do!!!

Anyways, I caught a snap of the jet on me phone...... But the Photogs have got loads of better pictures.

Last edited:

Cake or Death

Flight Sergeant
yep she said that so and so (didnt catch it) were going to pull a 24 ton tornado gr. the filthy scottish minx. although looking at the picture thereis no fuel in it and that tow bar looks at the right height to be connected to a halam, shame on you, your as bad as blue peter cheating like that!!!!!

Last edited:
M

monobrow

Although looking at the picture there is no fuel in it

Turns out the JEngO had orders to de-fuel it before today..... (Thats what you get when officers get involved!!!)

and that tow bar looks at the right height to be connected to a halam, shame on you, your as bad as blue peter cheating like that!!!!!

Ohhhhhh no cheating here!!!!

Already seen it on BBC Look East, and Theres a gallery up on the BBC site!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/norfolk/content/image_galleries/norfolk_rednose_2007_gallery.shtml

Warwick Hunt

Persona Non-Grata
1000+ Posts
Ever so slightly Off Topic but Davina has just been on shouting "A big round of applause to Oracle!!!!" as per Oracle HR system as per JPA!!!! Maybe someone should quickly nip round to Television Centre and tell her the truth?!?!?

M

monobrow

Ever so slightly Off Topic but Davina has just been on shouting "A big round of applause to Oracle!!!!" as per Oracle HR system as per JPA!!!! Maybe someone should quickly nip round to Television Centre and tell her the truth?!?!?

I'd love to nip round to see Davina, but I don't think JPA would be the reason!!! :pDT_Xtremez_14:

Oracle is what JPA was based on... another example of an "off the shelf" package that has had to be engineered to the forces.... hence how pap it is....

Still, have you donated??? Head over to www.myrednoseday.com/TornadoPull and make some magic happen for someone more needy.